Sign in to follow this  

Cloud Distances and Directions

Hey thereIs there any way to make the MSFS2k2 draw clouds out to a more impressive distance? Say I'm flying at 8000msl, above a bkn-7/8 cumulus layer with tops at 6000msl. I only get reasonable looking cloud for a couple of miles ahead, even if the weather ahead is set the same or worse, giving the (false) impression that I could just push on a couple of miles and be in the clear. Similarly, it won't even draw ANY clouds out to the sides. I have cloud density set to max, and most settings turned up pretty high... have to actually fly to left or right of track to make the sim draw clouds in either direction.I have fooled with FSUIPC, and got the hang of pulling the surface visibility in to about the cloud range, using graduated visibility above certain altitudes, etc., but just blinding self to the clouds that _should_ be coming up in the distance is not really satisfying, if you know what I mean.Any clues?Athlon 1.4 GHz, 512mb, 64mb GeForce3, Windoze2000Billy"I Wish RL Had a Slew Key"

Hi, You can try to use scattered 3/8 or 4/8 you will have little better far distance clouds, also you can change the deviation number, this will change the cloud position and distant clouds in your weather option,advanced option, clouds stay around the aircraft, almost designed for better frame rate. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi ChrisThanks for the tip - I'll have a crack at it this morning and get back to you... I guess I'm being greedy, I want heavy cloud and I want it to go for miles ;-)I'll do some trial and error stuff, but do you mean change deviation up or down?BillyI Wish RL Had a Slew Key