Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard Portier

6800GT question....

Guest Richard Portier

Hello,I got a new computer so I'm come back to FU3 and many other sims.I installed it, all seems ok excepted an horizontal line on some views.Also in flight, the scenery seems to have an ondular move (like a wave), (no I was not drunk;-)Please is someone have idea about that (setting of card or flight3.cfg) ?config : Ath 3500+, Leadtek 6800GT, XP pro.Last but not least, when the result of search on the forum have several pages, I can read only the first. When I click on the second or 3 etc, the page is empty.I'm new with XP, maybe is there an option in Explorer to solve that ?Thanks in advance.Regards.Richard.

Guest fu3

Richard,The horizontal line is caused by anti-aliasing and is a bug from the 'old' days*. The solution is to edit it yourself, or download aircraft that have it fixed. Pretty-well all add-on aircraft are OK (anyone care to comment - certainly MINE are OK?) however, the LGS originals suffer from it. Which aircraft are you having problems with?*The days of old, when men were bold, and every program looked different, depending upon which video card you used!!! LGS 'standardised' on Voodoo 5 cards during development, so they work well. Everything else is unknown. From my experience, ATI cards seem to do a better job - there's something in the Nvidia's anti-aliasing that FU3 doesn't like. That said, the line IS a bug - they set the external 3D view and internal 'save under' rectangles with NO overlap. So, switch FSAA on with most cards and you see the line :-(As to the scenery 'moving', try different settings for the video - don't forget this was circa-DX7 (I think). My Nvidia FX card was quite good (if a bit slow) but the GE4 440MX I had before was bad. Look at the 'DX7' settings in the Nvidia driver or, use Rivatuner to set EVERYTHING just how you want it (darn handy, that s/w ;) ).BTW, I've used Nvidia cards since I got FU3, before that I ran FS5 on an ATI. I have recently gone back to the ATI (5600XT) purely due to price but it looks much better than the FX5200 I had (and a '5700 I tried out).As to the forum problem, I have no idea but mine WAS working OK :-rollPS Welcome back to FU3 :-wave

Richard,Jon is correct regarding the "anti-aliasing/horizontal line" problem. However, your comment regarding the "wave" in the scenery is very interesting, since that seems to suggest that you do NOT have anisotropic filtering activated. Am I correct ? Anti-aliasing gets rid of those horrible jagged edges to polygons, but anisotropic filtering gets rid of that EVEN MORE HORRIBLE terrain texture shimmering. Of course, I am assuming that this is what you mean here by "wave".Anyway, if you want to get rid of the worst effects of texture shimmering, then make sure that anisotropic filtering is set to ON ! ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Richard Portier

Jon,Thank you for your answer. Concerning the horizontal line, you are right, just some plane have it, the most often on the rear view and sometime on the panel. In fact I can live with that. It's a real pleasure to discover again FU3 with a powerful config.For the problem forum, it was a cookie problem ;-). May be someday, with all antivirus + firewall + program to protect antivirus and firewall it will be possible to access to...nothing... ;-))Regards.Richard.

Guest Richard Portier

Chris,Thank you for your answer. Concerning the "wave" problem, the fact to active anisotropic filtering solved it.Anti-aliasing + anisotropic filtering = FU3 Whaooooo ;-)Regards.Richard.