Sign in to follow this  
Guest fu3

Just swimmin'

Guest fu3

Dear All,Amongst all the models I've been working on (and the S340...), I have decided to 'clean-up' a couple of packages and post them for all to enjoy/be amazed by/slug their system with. The first one (by popular demand - I really should keep my mouth shut...) is the Half Moon Bay 'set', which adds Pillar Point Marina (with a seaplane airport icon) and a plethora of stuff at the South end of the strip, together with other stuff around the area.It's rather heavy on models as it is my Sanfran 'test area' so if you're used to Clare's Valley, you shouldn't be surprised :-roll . I just need to fix some details north of Half Moon Bay a/p and I'll upload it all*.* ~24 models, ~40 mipfiles, 2 packages and an airport!A flypast overview of the marinahttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/116161.jpgTaxiing to the wharfhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/116162.jpgWaiting for the guy with the rope...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/116163.jpgNear the wharf at nighthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/116164.jpgMy Girlfriend's new restaurant at the marina. Best seafood this side of Townsville. Don't tell her I sent you though - she's sick of virtual pilots asking for virtual discounts on their virtual meals :-lol Try the takeout on the right - they do a mean burger ;)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/116165.jpgA test this weekend then I'll upload it (all) :-wave

Jon,Wow, that looks pretty impressive. I will have to remove my current version of Pillar Point Harbour from SanFran 2005, because your version looks like the one to have :-)I will have to look closely at some of those models in that package when it is released. I might be able to use some of them elsewhere......Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Ye that looks real good, but your stuf allways dus, Im going to havto erarange what I hav in order to acomodate yours.Im looking forwerd to it. glidernut.:-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

Jon, that is totally superb work! Between you and Chris, I think its time to drag San Fran back out of the cupboard and reinstall! The models are top class and the night lighting brilliant. RobD.

Guest fu3

Chris,This will clear out a lot of stuff! Again, like my other packages, it's probably (?) a bit overdone in some areas, however, I wanted it blend in with your existing Half Moon Bay package, so I only used FU3 'ntrees' (and kept the numbers down). I left Miramar alone, although it looks somewhat bare now! As a 'developer's' package, I expect you to apply a sharp razor to it before including it in Sanfran 2010 er, 2005 ;) This week you should receive an update of models, since I spent much of the weekend clearing-out everything else. Part of my delay is listing all the models I've done, with their mipfiles, descriptions and a small screenshot. This will make choosing models easier as I've done a heap and even I'm forgetting what I've done! For example, the light poles and boats you see here are 2 years old - I just never got around to releasing them. Much of the marina was done then too (although I've redone everything now...), so were the breakwaters. BTW, All the buildings on the wharf and the marina are also separate buildings which will be part of the recompiled model sets to be uploaded soon. I'll include these with the stuff I send to you.John,I'm not expecting everyone to move their stuff out of the way (too much). You can leave your existing packages 'in' and just edit the bits out of mine you don't want - Andre's great editor does a fine job. BTW, you'll need it to edit out the 'bad' bits that LGS left (impossibly small boats and the half-placed marina boats (what were they thinking?), together with - gulp - the dish), or you can simply overwrite the .mod file with one I'll supply.I know Chris wants the dish to stay, so I may provide 2 .mod files - one with and one without. For those that want to keep up-to-date (the dish is long-gone), there is a 3rd package, just for the point but it needs the dish removed (or you get trees growing out of it...).Rob,Thanks ;) Yes, Sanfran is a new place all right ;) Power pylons, water towers & tanks, radio masts, TV towers, marinas, bridges and wind generators (!) give it 'verticality' and make it real busy at 'Low Altitude'*.Actually, I haven't sent the wind generators to Chris yet as I keep on redoing them. As usual, I'll have to stop modelling sometime to allow me to release some...* An FU3-sanctioned flight method using the Beechjet at 125kts, below 3,000 ft. Not to be used in real life (but a lot of fun - also applicable to the Dash-8 at 110kts, the DHC6 at 85kts or the Butcher Bird at 13kts) :-lol:-wave

Jon,About that dish. Perhaps we SHOULD get rid of it, and add that little radio tower (?) instead ? To be honest, I have used the dish model for a small package over at Stanford, but it isn't exactly the best model that I have ever seen :-) The dish at Stanford looks MUCH nicer, and seems to be almost transparent ! If I get a decent screenshot of this, do you think that you could add it to the list ? ;-)I can easily include a modified .MOD file in SanFran 2005 that automatically removes the dish model at Half Moon Bay, so that wouldn't be a problem.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Seadog

Hi Chris,Here are some nice shots of the dish at Stanford -The first two links contain large images, probably just what you need to see most! All links start with the usual http://, but if I'd included that part, it would have broken the image posting rules.frank.harvard.edu/~howard/photo/stanford/bigpix/dish_night.jpgbayimages.net/images/4k/bay003004.jpgradio-blonde.stanford.edu/dagbok/fh2002_01/ed9902c0.jpgwww.its.bldrdoc.gov/home/programs/rsms/graphics/rsms_stanford_dish.jpgwww.its.bldrdoc.gov/home/programs/rsms/graphics/stanford_dish.jpgwww-csli.stanford.edu/~ito/vacation/dish.jpgHope this helps.-Doug

Doug,Thanks for those photo links. It looks like a horribly complicated model, but then I am not a model builder. Jon might think that it's a piece of cake ! :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png