Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Trees in SanFran 2005

I have just decided to make even more work for myself. I have decided that the trees that I added at all of the airports in the SanFran region suffer from the following problems:- 1. There are far too many of them.2. They are scattered over far too wide an area.3. They look totally rubbish :-) Therefore, I have decided to scrap the existing trees, and start from scratch. The new packages will have fewer trees, but they will be arranged in a more attractive fashion, and they will also be more tightly integrated with the airports themselves (in other words, I do not want to add lots of trees that are located far from the airport runways). In fact, some of the airports will only have a single clump of trees nearby (perhaps on a golf course, or some other obviously "wooded" area). Yes, this is going to be another piece of time consuming work, but I believe that it needs to be done. In fact, I have already made the necessary modifications at the following airports:- Borges ClarksburgBuchanan FieldOakland InternationalSonoma SkyparkSouth CountySpezia However, I have another 40 airports and airfields to sort out ! :-( When I have finished, the number of trees will have been significantly reduced, but the finished product should look much better. In fact, I am considering getting rid of one or two more scenery packages (including the Presidio; this is the large package near the Golden Gate Bridge). I am just not happy with it, and I would prefer that it was removed. There will be plenty of new (and far more interesting) scenery packages to make everyone forget that it ever existed :-) I might even get rid of Crissy Army Airfield, since this does not exist in 2005 ! Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Just out of interest, will you be useing Bogdan Adamski's way of cheating Fledby useing tree models from seattle without changeing there palits?if so, and you intend useing the difalt Seattle ntrees? will you be useing Jon Point's upgraded ntrees? or the standerd ntrees?Or if you use tree models from the Sanfran's GEN, what will thy be?One of Jon Point's Strees, Jtrees, sets of trees, rowes of trees, individual big trees, upgraded ntrees, or even Robert Driscoll's trees used in the UK?When you only had a chois of 5 trees, and 3 of them was the same, you putthousands and thousands and thousands of them douwn. But nouw youv got a masiv chois of trees, and all of them are beter than ever bifor, you are only puting a few douwn!Are you shoower you are doing things the right way round?glidernut.

John,Since everyone will soon have the capability to download Jon Point's modelmip.tag files, there is no excuse for NOT having his upgraded ntrees !Nevertheless, searching through the entire model database for hundreds of possible tree models is not what I consider to be fun. I have been working away at SanFran 2005 for over three months now, and this decision to upgrade the tree layout has just increased the time required to finish it. I prefer to use the existing ntrees, but arrange them in a more attractive (and natural looking) fashion. The existing ntrees that I added in all of my SanFran region packages are clearly far too numerous, and scattered over far too wide an area (and far too thinly). They need to be organised into more coherent clusters, and that is what I intend to do.I am sorry if this limits the number of tree models used, but I would actually like to FINISH all of this work, and start flying again ! Some of the members of this forum seem to enjoy working 365 days a year on FU3, and that's fine. However, I want nothing more than to get SanFran 2005 finished as soon as possible. Too much work and not enough play doesn't do Mr Low any good whatsoever ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png