Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

Sad news...

Guest twsimfan

Our friend and co-moderator Bob "FlyBert" Stiles has suffered a loss... his mom died over night. Bob & his mom have been especially close over the years. She has been in a wheelchair and essentially in his care for over 40 years. Having lost my own mom less than 10 months ago I have some understanding of just how tough this can be. :(

Guest Staggerwing

Life changes after our parents are gone.. it's a large forum we don't want to join, but are forced into sooner or later.It's been said that it's not until our parents die that we become true adults. In many ways that may be true, and the full adult status we achieve is due to taking them in and letting them stay within us for the rest of our lives.After my parents died, thinking of them would make me sad and I would think things like "Why?, How could this be?" Some time and thought went by and thinking of them started to make me smile and realize that it was only me that could make them go away, and I have no intention of doing that.You find yourself saying and doing things that they would have said or done in a given situation. Even things you didn't think twice about when THEY said them years before. When I hear myself saying them, I think of it as a little "visit" and something to be enjoyed. Have strength Bob, you'll get though this and smile again soon, she'll be there to help you do it.

Guest Motormouse

Bob, sincere condolences from this side of the ol' pond.Pete

Guest Ansgar

Bob, also my sincere condolences from the german side of the ocean.The mom of my wife died some years ago at an very hard, not curable and tragic disease which takes > 1 year. We all tried to help her without any chance. So I also know how hard this is for you.I wish you all the best, but chin up - the live continues and in future for sure you will also see better day

Guest glidernut

Bob,My mom is 89 and in a wheelchair, and I am her ofishial carer for over 15 years.There is only the two of us at home, and Im dreding the day when I too will sufer a lossand know what you feeling nouw.My Sincere Condolence to you,glidernut.

Guest fu3

Bob,Sorry to hear the bad news. I lost my Mother at 11 and my Father at 13 so, whilst I didn't have to worry about the 'arrangements', I was left confused and upset for many years. In fact, it has only been the last few years where I've been able to come to terms with it all.And I'm 43!Finally went back to the old farm last Xmas and for the first time in years, I didn't feel sad. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/118941.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/118942.jpgStill miss the place.And the folks... ;)I know it sounds silly, but I would have much rather not lost them suddenly - I feel guilty that I never got to care for them. At least you've done the best one can do in that regard, and you should be proud.

Guest R_Driscoll

Nice to have a forum where we can still share things like this and it doesn't all get submerged in technical waffle. I'll add my condolences to the list, and to all who have suffered loss of close friends in life. And parents are often our first and best!RobD.

Guest Robert_S

I'd like to extend my thanks to all for the condolences and good thoughts. It has been a very tough time for me and continues to be so.And yes, Jon, I am very proud to have been able to care for her for so long, and would have been happy to do it for another 40 years, should we have lived so long.[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest CaptRolo

Bob, My condolence to you ,for your loss . I still miss my mom and it's been 20 years since she passed away.CaptRolo