Sign in to follow this  
Guest glidernut

Iv got the model bilding bug,

Guest glidernut

I did this ASW28 glider from skrach useing drarings, and Iv only been working on it for two weeks, but allredy she is looking good, dont you think?Iv just got my first axl to work, and I feel like selabrateing, its like giving berth,well, orright, its not like giving berth, but it is werth menshioning. The whight papers discribs 2 methods of createing axils, but I couldant get ither ofthem to work. The axil I hav got working is a pree existing one I got from the Gooseexampl of how to bild models, the nameing convention of axils in the Gooes is nuthing like what the whight papers say it should be, but at leest thay seem to work.Its got no skin on it, I havant figered out how to asine snaps to a wireframe yet,but perhaps I can get away with just useing the UV colers? I mean most gliders are onlyblack and wight, arnt thay? what do you think?Its got no internal vew yet ither, you know what I mean, the F4 vew, its empty.The poygon count is up to 1500 so far, I think thats good considering this glider,s shape is so cervy. what do you think?Iv got a spot of bother useing the mirer function of my (3D Studio MAX), it dont workproperly, well it seems to work ok, but the next time I open (3D Studio MAX) to dosum mor work on it, the mirered section has mooved to a new location and sum of thevertex,s hav disapeered.Iv tryed useing (ani8or) just to do the mirering, bicous the mirering function of (ani8or) works perfectly without side efects, well almost with out side efects,the part of the model that I bilt in (3D Studio MAX) and then put throow (ani8or)to get it mirered, gets adishianl cordinats atached to it. Why is that? It seems that createing cordinats is on by difalt in (ani8or) but not on by difaltin (3D Studio MAX).All the objects I bilt in (3D Studio MAX) I bilt with out createing cordinats, hav I dun it rong? should I hav used cordinats? Is this why the mirer function is sum whatscrood up? I hope not, I dont want to hav to bild it all over agen.Ps, The standered Stemme moter glider,s shdow, "espeshaly at the wing tips" has allwaysbeen rong. The Stemme wing tips are not squair but the shadows wing tips are!As I am useing the Stemme as a bace for my ASW28 glider, Im stuk with the same squairshadow wing tip problem, this is inspight of replasing all of the Stemme 3D modelswith my ASW28!I would like my ASW28,s shadow to reflect the luvaly shape of the ASW28,s wing tips.Has any one got a fix for this? glidernut.

Guest glidernut

This shows beter the shadow problam.glidernut

Guest R_Driscoll

Well I'm amazed (again). I can't believe you're building planes! (I've always wanted to but its too hard for me). The glider looks excellent. OK, after you've built a few Concordes and 747's come back here and I'll teach you how to make square buildings. RobD.

This model looks great :-) Regarding the shadow, I assume that the horizontal surfaces are the only ones that count. Since the winglets point upwards they won't contribute to the shadow. Actually, this is realistic to some extent -- not totally right, but at least they should hardly add a pointed tip to the wings' shadows. A softer additional shadow in front of / behind the tip of the wing would be expected when the sun is low.Hans Petter

Guest glidernut

RobD, Ye, you could show me a thing or tow about buildings, espeshaly about how to drapesnaps over thair wireframes, I dont hav a cloo about how to do that.Its not simpl, thats for shoower, I mean, consider a simpl qube, a so called simpl qube has 6 sides or faswts or faces "Im never quight shoower what to call them"its got 12 edges and 8 corners, and thats only on the out side,I mean you talk about singl or boubl sided renderingso presoomably thees numbers may need to be doubled.Add to that the 4 doferant orientations that a sqiair snap-shot can be put on a sqiair faset,and it all starts to get a bit too complicated for me. O, and what about them diaganel lineson or in the qube that may or may not be visibl? God knows how meny of them there are in a qube, polygons I think thay are. And as if to add yet mor complicateions, a qube can hav sevaral hight segments and or becaped at tow of its fasets.Hans Petter, Yes the wing-lets are not flat and so one wouldent expect thees shapes to bereflected axactly in the shadow. But the wings are flat and I would expect the shape ofthees wings to be reflected axactly in the shadow. thay do for every other aircraft.Its only the Stemme,s wing shadow thats not right, the Stemme and for that mater the ASW28bicous Im useing the Stemme as a base model.See this snape-shot of the Stemme, and bear in mind that the Stemme,s wings are flat andpointed at the tips, and note that the shadow is not pointed.Odly inuf, there is no problam with the back wing shadow.glidernut.

Guest glidernut

Iv just tryed puting my ASW28 glider into the Beechjet.res and the shadow cums out perfect!?!?glidernut.

Guest fu3

John,The shadow comes from the lowest-res model! Simply copy your binfile into that and check!For the Blanik, I actually created a 'flat' shadow model just for the purpose ;)Sorry I've been off-line :-wave

Guest glidernut

Yes jon, I dun that, no good.:( glidernut.

Guest fu3

But the Blanik shadow works OK! Open it up in Resviewer and see what I did.I can't remember right now :-rollSorry :-wave