Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Byron Municipal screenshots

Four screenshots of the upgraded Byron Municipal airport. The two pathetic existing runways have been replaced by higher quality models (courtesy of Robert Driscoll). They are now the correct length, so you will be able to operate aircraft like the Beechjet and Jon Point's upcoming Saab 340 comfortably from here.I have completely rebuilt the taxiways and parking area, and added several buildings, a hangar, and three fuel tanks.SCREENSHOT 1 shows the new runway 12/30 (4500 feet long and 100 feet wide), the redesigned taxiway, runway edge lighting, and PAPI indicators.SCREENSHOT 2 shows the new runway 05/23 (3000 feet long and 75 feet wide).SCREENSHOT 3 shows a view of the entire airport from directly above. It was taken in rainy weather, and you can clearly see the outline of the taxiways and parking area.SCREENSHOT 4 shows an AI Citation business jet shortly after touchdown. Yes, jets can finally operate from this airport !Chris Low.PS. SanFran 2005 is almost ready :-)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Sorry about screenshot 3. It seems to be a bit too dark :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

Chris, the PAPI are supposed to go next to each other, not after each other as in the screenshot.Unless you have done this because Byron has a 3.5 deg glide slope, so maybe putting them one after the other may help simulate that? (they have a slightly steeper than normal glideslope, I think because of surrounding hills but it may be due to obstacles on approach).RobD.

Guest fu3

Obstacles?I'd call 3 nuclear facilities a bit more than 'obstacles'.But then again, I'm talking to the guy who landed a 747 on a 4,000ft DIRT runway... :-lolCletus DID give the nosegear back, huh?:-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

Thanks Jon, I couldn't have done it without your fence. Three nuclear facilities ehh? Yep, that's a good reason for varying the glideslope. Well then, someone had better model them ...RobD.

I remember seeing a photograph of one of those nuclear facilities near Byron Municipal airport when I was trawling around on the internet a couple of weeks ago. It was taken by some private pilot who was flying over the area. Apparently, that particular nuclear facility isn't operational.Nevertheless, it would certainly be nice to have models of these three facilities, assuming that we can identify their exact locations ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Wow, this place is like a ghost town at the moment.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest fu3

Almost like a morgue :-lolUnfortunately, I haven't had much to say - partly because everyone's sick of hearing about the Saab 340 and upcoming models already. I just want to post something USEFUL, that's all ;) Maybe I should pepper the screenshot forum with gratuitous FU3 shots and wait for the barrage of stupid MSFS requests? Nah :-rollAnyway, after 8 days of rain, it's finally stopped! Have a great weekend All :-wave

Jon,Have you checked your e-mail this week ? Can you please send me a quick response with respect to my comments regarding the water tank textures, SanFran modelmip.tag file, and whatever else I mentioned.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Hi all,Why? Is that Manchester? Chris livs in Manchester, I think!I can see a face in that snap-shot, on the fare right, in the sand.Can anyone els see it?glidernut.

Guest R_Driscoll

My guess is Ulverston.

Andre,So, you have reached Ulverston. Perhaps you could post some screenshots directly over the town, so that I can point out certain locations and landmarks ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Robert,You guess correctly. That long, dark line with the kink at the end is Ulverston Canal (approximately one mile long). If you measure about two centimetres left of the extreme left edge of the kink, you will be somewhere in the vicinity of my house :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png