Sign in to follow this  
agtim

BGL2E V1.7 converter of MSFS BGL model info to the E-Fo...

A new version of BGL2E (1.7) will be released in the lib soon as you can see in the pictures models with part as rgb color was not fully converted. The new version supports now the poly() function calls also. RGB colors are converted to the nearest possible color of FU3.This are the result using the old version http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/bgl2e15.jpgthis is the result using the new version http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/bgl2e17.jpgNow even such complex models can be converted http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/hrega.jpg:-wave agtim

Guest glidernut

Agtim,Im looking ford to it.In preperation for it, I chect to see if I had the latest version of BGLAnalyze.exe,the little tool needed for your program to work.No I didant, I had version 3.0 and the latest version is 3.1 so hear is a link tothe latest version of BGLAnalyze.exe for thows wanting to giv your forth cumingprogram a try.http://www.scenery.org/design_utilities_a.htmPs, If anyone cums acros any glider models useing Agtims BGL2E,I want them.glidernut.

Guest glidernut

Agtim, and all,No Im sory, I carnt get your new Version 1.7 to work properly!Well not all of it anyway.I can get your bgl2e.exe to open an *sca file and then export a serlected object as an *.e file that dus contane extra lines about the Color,s for exampl4,"Color",PHONG,RGB ff46,ff46,ff46,TRANSP 0;5,"Color",PHONG,RGB ff157,ff116,ff64,TRANSP 0;6,"Color",PHONG,RGB ff69,ff69,ff69,TRANSP 0;7,"Color",PHONG,RGB ff87,ff87,ff87,TRANSP 0;But then nuthing els hapens, and 5 minits later the fan that cools my PC starts upand I realiz my PC is hard at work doing sumthing.The Windows Task Manager dialog that opens folowing Ctrl + Alt + Del idicates thatit is your bgl2e.exe still working, so I shut it down by selecting "End Task".I dont minde doing this every time I use bgl2e.exe version 1.7.After all, it dus giv me the all important *.e file that I can convert to *.binmy self "manualy" and then choos to look at it useing ModelVewer.exe or VIEW.EXE.Iv tryed everything I can think of to get the "myProcess" and "BGLMaker.bat" towork, but to no availe.Iv editing the BGLMaker.bat file to point to my installation path of ModelVewer.exe,What els can I try?Is this extra complication realy nesosery?How are the rest of you geting on with this?Cum on you lot, giv sum feedback.glidernut.

Hi Glidernut,I am sorry about this difficulties at your installation.You can use the same installation folder than the earlier version.As far as I know the myProcess link was then working fine.If the link does not exist or point to a wrong device the system can run for ever :-(Check the link by double click on it - the bsp and modelviewer should run and come up. If not then there is a problem at the link or the batch file. Use your old version of it, rename the old bgl2e.exe to bgl2e_15.exe and move the new one there. There was no changes in this part of the software so it must run. :-)Now I have found an error at closing time of bgl2e 1.7.Problem is at closing of it, but I can generate models with it.Until I found the bug use an earlier version or kill the process at the end. Hope I find it soon.:-wave agtim

Guest glidernut

Yes your right,The batch file works, it brings up the bsp and modelviewer and produsesa bin file if there is an e file presant, and shinks the model to the corect size.Its the link of version 1.7 and version 1.6 that dont work, I no longer hav version 1.5, it got replased.But the bgl2e 1.7 dus produse better e files, thats the important thing. Yes the BMP2000 program looks good, Im still playing with it.Thank you Agtim, I apreasheate your tools very much.I dont know how you manage to keep cuming up with new and exighting things.Ps, Iv just reseeved the fixed bgle.exe you sent me by e.mail and it works a treet, it dont go on for ever after closing.The "myProcess" link still dont work, but thats ok, I dont need it, its notnesosery.Now I realiz that the bat file can be used indipendantly to shrink the modelto the corect size, theres no stoping me.Thanks agen.glidernut.

Hi Glidernut,Happy to hear this The link is not working on my Win98 system too but its work on WinXP !?!. Important is to get the strange loop at closing away.to all usersI will upload a version 1.8 next month.For earlier delivery ask for it by email.:-wave agtim

I'll be away for a while and basically drop by to say hi. You may expect me to be a more active simmer in the fall/autumn.An easy way to convert MS models, without losing parts and textures in the process will be nice :-) However, I generally see better models in FU3 than in FS and the best ones tend to be proudly crafted in Australia. Another aspect is copyright -- some FS modelers might object to us scooping their best models. However, one can always ask first :-) As long as we avoid payware it should be fine in most cases.enjoy the rest of the summer,Hans Petter

Guest fu3

H-P (and All),Like you I've been rather busy doing lots of stuff. On top of this was the failed attempt at remote access so I haven't been online much at all - only the odd internet browse whilst visiting others :-roll The problem was security. Basically, my employer uses the latest and greatest ground-breaking solutions which not only stops hackers getting in to the system, it successfully stops employees remotely logging-on sometimes too! I have no issue with this as they are the least delinquent IT group I've worked with, except probably for Defence.This has all changed as of yesterday with DSL connection at the flat so I am online. I have plethora of models and stuff to upload - I just have to figure what goes first.I also have the Saab 340 basically ready for beta testing if you're after something different!Meanwhile, I recently took a class of year 9 Software Design students for a 90 minute period and had a blast (my Girlfriend is a High-School teacher). We discussed software design in general, hacking and modifying their games to see how they worked, Anim8or and 3D models. For an example, I showed them the Saab (they saw it first HAHA).I think they found it interesting (they seemed to be paying attention...) and I'm looking forward to doing more with them in the future.And I remembered school as dull and boring :-lol

Guest glidernut

Hans Petter, see you in the fall/autumn then, dont forget will you, its geting lonly around hear of late.Jon, what is a Saab? is it a car, or an plane? show us.It carnt be a car, you need 2 ruder axils for that.glidernut.

Guest fu3

Glidernut,Well, it CAN be a car but with all those unkind things people say about Saab drivers (and Volvos, Mercedes etc) I wouldn't own one;) That said, people say unkind things about SUVs too and I have one of those :-rollBTW, FU3 does steerable front wheels for cars too but don't go there - my GeeBee-powered Mazda 323 was a bit hard to control (I'm not surprised, it did >160mph!!!). I've actually used 4 rudder axles before - rudder, tailwheel, left and right yokes. I've since given up on the F4 controls though :-(As to what it IS, see the attached shots - it may clear things up somewhat!//forums.avsim.net/user_files/123859.jpg//forums.avsim.net/user_files/123860.jpg//forums.avsim.net/user_files/123863.jpg:-wave

Guest andy9164

Thanks Agtim and Glidernut.I am revisiting my Liverpool project and somehow had lost BGLAnalyze off my PC. Just spent hours looking for a download but should have come here first.Andy