Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Message to Jon Point

Jon,Is that "Optus" e-mail address of yours working properly ? I have not had any response from you in nearly three weeks, and I have sent several e-mails during that time :-(Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest fu3

Chris,I got something on one but nothing on the other. I was unexpectedly called away and, as you can understand, could not reveal what or why until now (durn this Q&C thing...).Suffice to say, I actually got online a few times but have you ever tried perusing web forums whilst keeping one hand on a grab rail and the other on the mouse? Every now and then (5-7 waves approx), you find that one hand isn't strong enough and you have to drop the mouse and grab the rail for dear life.:-rollWe need to catch up (or I do...). I'll send you an email tonight from the right account ;)

Jon,Have you tried sending me an e-mail yet ? I am going away for a few days on Saturday, and I would really like to hear from you before then regarding those remaining models for SanFran 2005.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest fu3

Chris/All,Sorry for being off-line but my line at home is basically useless and I have only had sporadic internet access (like right here, right now but nothing else) :-( :-(Optus say it's Telstra's problem, Telstra say it's my problem and the builders... don't get me started on the 3 week renovation that's taken 7 months :-( :-(All I know is, I paid to have a service installed and when they found wires going into my unit they just connected them up and said 'it's done'. Unfortunately, the line is permanently grounded one leg which, if anyone knows about phone lines, that means it's permanently U/S (yes, it's not the ground leg (+) that's grounded - I could put up with the hum). I spoke to a liney today who said he could run another cable for $600 but that he wouldn't recommend it and reckons I should nail Telstra on it. Aw crap :-erksWorst part is, I cannot upload virtually ANYTHING from here, unless it's a .doc, .xls, .pdf, .jpg or .bmp file :-( :-(Durn thing even looks inside binfiles and rejects them too, even when I tried renaming them."Yes, we have security, but at what cost?" to paraphrase...So much for working from home :-roll