Sign in to follow this  
Guest fu3

Another skyline mod...

Guest R_Driscoll

Where did a hang glider spring from? Hey, I want one! (I think his 'chute matches the balloon colours).As to getting him down, we get Chris to fly past in a 747 - the way he flies that should be about slow enough to open a door and just haul him in. I'd do it but my record with 747's is not good.Or we could haul the industrial lasers out of that building down the bottom and burn away the ropes, then let him drop onto a bunch of old glider wings...Point of order here. The yellow cranes were my fault. They have a central stand which is stationary, then a boom (centre at centre of origin as Jon says) which moves. But I think I made them a bit small - there are a lot of taller cranes around London now! The ones installed in LCA all move differently, and the one nearest approach to LCA moves quick enough to see if you don't let landing the plane distract you (and I never do). And they have sounds - you can hear the cranes if you fly close enough. The principle is based on a rotating radar idea from Tomi Lehto, and was first used at the McChord airforce base scenery. It can be seen to best effect at Heathrow, Cardiff and Gatwick where I've used pure rotation. The cranes oscillate in a more complex way, trying to imitate the way real working cranes might move - different speeds and angles. You could certainly do this with the Stanhope scope, but as everyone had said, the speed would have to be SO slow.RobD.

Guest fu3

John,Contacting the electric company to turn it off is useless - they're all up in Scotland playing golf :-rollNo, YOU'LL have to do it as you're closest. Just make a note of the area, open up FLED, find the next pole UPSTREAM of the hapless hanglider and the wires will fall, cutting the power off.Then run - you now have the entire county after you (and the hapless hanglider dude). Maybe you'd better have a good getaway car ready, or maybe a couple of ultralights...Durn, if only FU3 had helicopters :-lolActually, if you save and close FLED really quickly, nobody will who did it so you can backfeed rumours of a giant hedgehog into the community and let the anti-GM lobby go crazy with it. I'll look forward to seeing it on the news ;)Hey Rob, where's 'Stanhope'? Or is that what Stanford need, now that funding for the scope has dried up completely and they're forced to run fundraising campaigns to keep it open?:wave

>Bogdan,>>An interesting idea, but a radio telescope would only move for>two reasons.....>>1. When the operators intended to point it at a particular>object/location in the sky.>I was interested in astronomy and I know when it is moved. I was thinking about this movement. There is an option for pause between movement and it can be set for long time. The main idea of this movement is to see the telescope in diffrent positions during flights rather than to observe the movement itself.>Either way, a radio telescope dish that constantly moved back>and forth wouldn't really make a lot of sense, although it>would certainly make the FU3 world "come alive". >It is impossible to make everything as in real life, but "itwould certainly make the FU3 world "come alive"" it was the reason of my idea.B.Adamski

Bogdan,Yes, sorry about that. When I first read your post, I assumed that you wanted the telescope dish to move back and forth every few seconds !I will have another word with Jon about the "tracking" movement, because I agree that it is a very good idea.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png