Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Electrical substations in SanFran 2005

Jon Point has kindly provided me with all of the models that I required to complete the SanFran 2005 pack. I was intending to send a couple of beta copies out this week, and then get it uploaded to the FU3 file library by the end of next weekend. However, this has been delayed by my decision to add a total of twenty-three substation packages to SanFran 2005.I had actually decided not to bother building these packages some time ago, but I have changed my mind after messing around with a test package last weekend. Of course, I am not a substation expert, so they are not likely to be rigorously accurate with respect to the location of individual substation components. Nevertheless, they do look quite nice, and they provide a nice "end point" for several lines of pylons.I have attached a screenshot to illustrate what I am trying to do.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest fu3

Chris, The ONLY thing I'd do (you know me...) is add a fence around it! When I was playing with the susbstation gravel overtextures, I agreed with you that they were too obvious and didn't blend in well. The fences alone though, can give a good 'border' without being too obvious. They also tend to hide or blend the ground texture edges a bit to which doesn't hurt.I know they can be a lot of work to line-up and uneven ground can make them float but if you want, I could do a couple of the ones closer to airports and send them to you. I've still got some more flying to do to check out those tagfiles but I won't be flying all night ;) If you can send a couple of packages, I'll try wrapping fences around them and send them back. If you don't like the effect, just delete the packages :-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

I agree withn that - I had the same thought, that proper fencing around them would add to the effect.

Robert,I am going to send each of the substation packages to Jon when they are done, so that the fencing can be done by an expert :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have now built a total of 21 substation packages, and each of these now requires a fence. When Jon has waved his magic wand at each of these, that will mean that SanFran 2005 is complete (unless he also wants to animate that radio telescope at Stanford).Hopefully, I will be able to release the pack before the end of the month.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png