Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Airspace in FU3

Does anyone know how to define airspace in FU3 ? Are there any documents available that provide instructions regarding this ? The reason that I ask is because I would like to split Oakland International airport into two separate components. In fact, I have already done this. I now have an international airport (runway 11/29), and a national airport (the GA section of the airport to the north). I have deleted the connecting taxiway, and modified part of the international airport to minimise the chances of AI airliners getting stuck in that bottleneck of a taxiway called BRAVO !The two airports appear to be operating independently, but Hans has identified a small problem. Normally, the ground controller will contact the player if he/she attempts to taxi from the parking spot without contacting him. However, this only works at one of the airports at a time (determined by which one is defined first in the AIRSPACE.txt file).I would like to be able to define the Class D airspace accurately at this location, but I need to be able to SEE how the airspace is currently arranged. If I could just make the airspace at both airports interlock without actually interfering with each other, I may be able to solve the problem. Anyway, it would be a rather elegant solution ;-)So why do I want to do this ? Well, don't you wish that you could use runway 11/29 at Oakland ? Why does the ground controller direct you to runway 27R, even when you are sitting in the cockpit of Ansgar's Boeing 747-400 ? Annoying, isn't it :-) Well, with the two sections of the airport separated, you will now be able to use that large runway. It's as simple as that.Can anyone help me here ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris,these 2 airports have to have 2 different 3 letters 'names' (I don't remember how to name it), for example oak and oal, then you have to add airspace for this new (oal) airport as it is in the sfo airspace. I'll try it, when I back home.Jokke found the place in the plane file that ATC recognize the plane as heavy and I remember that I was send to 29 rwy but in IFR flight only.B.Adamski

Bogdan,The two airports seem to be working fine together at the moment. I was just thinking that knowing how the airspace is put together would have made the solution more elegant, but it isn't essential. Hans has tested both airports together, and he tells me that they work OK.So, we now have two separate airports at Oakland, and we will now be able to use runway 11/29 at Oakland International.Cool :-cool Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png