Sign in to follow this  
Guest markyc

Installation problem

Guest markyc

Hi everyone,I've just done a clean install of FU3 with the San Francisco scenery.All is well until I remove FU2 disc1 ready to insert FU2 disc2. At this point I get a blue screen telling me that there is a problem reading the disc. If I then press escape, away I go again, until after inserting FU3 install disc. The setup gets as far as telling me that it's serching for 'Direct Play' components, and thats it. It locks up solid and the only way to escape is to control/alt/delete and close down explorer.Also at another point in the process (I can't remember where.) It tells me there is a duplicate instance of the installer and would I like to switch to the original?.These problems have occured every time I've installed FU3+SF Scenery.Strange thing, is that all of these interuptions in the installation process have little or no effect on the finished product.If any one has any Ideas on this I'll be interested to hear them.Thanks,Mark:)

Guest fu3

Mark,I have encountered this when using the FU2 disks because Windows recognises the FU2 disk as an install disk. You just ignore everything and continue the existing install. The screens will stay there in the background, just ignore them. ANY attempt to close them seems to kill the install because the Windows installer thinks you've changed your mind and are installing another program.When I've completed the install, there's always an FU2 install screen there, as well as the FU3 play/uninstall screen. Close the FU2 one first (but only after you are certain it's finished) but don't remove the CD until everything's done!Took me 3 tries the first time :-roll

Guest markyc

Jon,Thanks for that. I kind of hoped it was something just annoying rather than a problem. And even better. It's happened to someone else:-hah Mark:)

Guest glidernut

Ye, it hapens to me too, and every time it hapens I think to my self,"how the dikins did I do it last time".Anuther thing that uset to get me is that of the 3 FU3 disks where the ceenary disk 1 is labled disk 2, and the ceenary disk 2 is labled disk 3.Installing FU3+2 always shakes my confidens, but sum how it always seems to work in the end.glidernut.

I wonder if the Sold Out version of FU3 installs more smoothly ? I'm sure that I tried it once, but I can't remember what happened.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest markyc

No it doesn't. My copy of FU2 and 3 are both 'Sold Out' versions. FU3 even includes what I beieve must have been the final patch.Mark:)

Guest fu3

I have the SoldOut FU2 (and original FU3) and still had the issue. My assumption was that it was a quirk of the SO version but maybe not :-roll