Sign in to follow this  
Guest moods12

Fu3 crashes

Guest moods12

Hi , im pretty new to the website/forumI just installed flight unlimited 3 yesterday after having it uninstalled for years. My problem is that everytime i go to land a plane in game it crashes as in it comes up with a windows error and forces me to close it every time , its no used flying around for ages without being able to land :(I tryed to find a patch for it everywhere on the internet and noone seems to host the patches anymore , even this very own websites files seem dead and dont work , anyone have the patch or some of the files that are listed in the downloads section or this website ?thanks.EDIT : Well i found out the problem with the files on the avsim.net website , windows firewall was blocking them ;)i'll let you know if the patch helps.EDIT : ok no change , as soon as i landed my plane the game crashed :(

The FU3 patches are all available in the FU3 file library here at AVSIM Online. There are three versions (US, UK, and German). You will need to download the patch that corresponds to your version of FU3. Alternatively, if you know that you have the UK version, then send an e-mail to the following address......Christopher dot Low at btinternet dot com......and I will send you the UK patch direct :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest markyc

I find that I crash whenever I come into land. But I think it may be some thing to do with my flying.:-lol I'm sorry! I just couldn't help myself*:-* Mark:)

Guest moods12

Yes at any airport im afraid ,im running windows xp btw. Maybe my computer dosnt support the game with it being so old ? i did realise my cpu didnt support any older games thus running the game on one core( like running a 2.2ghz cpu) heres my comp specs :-GIGABYTE GA-K8N PRO-SLI Socket 939 Motherboard-AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4400+ 2.2GHz Socket 939-Corsair TWINX2048-3200PRO 2x1024Mb DDR400 ProSeries-MSI NX6800Ultra-T2D256E PCI Express - 256MB-Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum-Task TK-952TX-JB 520W ATX 2.0 with single 120mm Blue LED fan-Philips 22" 202P40 Real Flat CRT Monitor-Windows xp pro sp2-seagate 120gig sata 7200rpm , 8mb cachethe game used to run absolutely fine on my old computer , which had average hardware and running winxp pro also.Oh ,just found my old box that came with it ... found out i have the ASIA-PACIFIC edition , how do i go about that ? im guessing its still under the us patch through , everything in the manual and readme suggests that.btw , literally i can crash the plane into the ground and the game dosnt crash , but thats no way to fly ;)

Guest glidernut

Mark,You sound like another old timer that ocashanaly visits this foram.He can land on bildings, trees, other aicraft, and even on peopl,but never on a runway.Welcom abord,glidernut

Guest fu3

Use the US patch with the Asia-Pacific version but I don't think it's your problem. Just for interest's sake, what cfg file are you using? The other thing is it might relate to taxi lines etc. You may try turning them off:(from the patch readme file)* Taxiway lines and signs can now be turned on and off via a hotkey - shift-F11. Turning these off when not at an airport should increase your framerate. * Taxiway lines and signs can also be turned off via a configuration variable in your configuration file. This file is located in your Flight3 directory. The file is called flt3.cfg. Open this file and add the following line anywhere: no_taxi_linesTry this and see what happens. If the problem doesn't occur using 'Quick Flight' mode, try deleting your logbook as a corrupted logbook can do weird things on landing.As to your hardware, my CFG (and Chris Low's) is not THAT different as we both use Athlon 64s so you should have no issues in that regard.BTW, with the new hardware, when you DO get it right, it's great to see the program as it should always have been ;)

Guest moods12

I tryed your above tips with both quick flight and other modes , but it crashed as soon as i tryed landing any plane still , so what do you think i could try next ?

Mark,I assume that you are patching FU3 after you have installed the game itself ? I am fairly sure that this has to be done separately, rather than being part of the main install routine itself.OK, so you can hit the ground away from an airport without the game crashing ? That suggests that it is something to do with the airports themselves. Are you using a clean, default installation of FU3, with no add-ons installed ?I assume that you are starting flights on the ground ? In other words, these crashes do NOT occur when you taxi around at an airport PRIOR to take off ?Have you tried reinstalling FU3 ? If not, then it is just possible that this particular install has become corrupted in some way. I would certainly try this if you have not done so already.I would really like to be able to solve this problem, because your PC includes some of the very latest features (like PCI Express, and dual core processors), so it would benefit EVERYONE to get it working properly ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Mark,Do you still crash if you land with the weels up? a sort of slow bely flop?Do you still crash if you land on water with a sea plaine?On tuch douwn, the weels make a little skiding sound, one for eech weel, it could be that your Audio divice carnt cope with it for sum reasan.I suspect an Audio Driver is at falt. Your (-Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum),might be useing a Legacy Audio Driver, or sum other driver that can be thecorz of your problem.Try useing a diferant driver. Try terning douwn your Sound Hardware acceleration.If this stpos you crashing, then this sergests to me that its a Soundacceleration Audio Driver that is at falt.glidernut.

Guest Allan_D

Hi John.You sound like another old timer that ocashanaly visits this foramhey I resemble that, and I'll never change :-lolI still enjoy the heck out of FU3, Oswalt field, Yelm. and all my other adds. it's great fun still for me, It's good to see you guys still digging, lots of great new stuff, thanks to all. Have Fun :-vuurAllan BFU Job Manager and Co-Moderatorand PuppyBush Flying Unlimitedhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Guest moods12

Ok i think you may be right on the ball with the sound , i actually thought this could be a factor also , i noticed last night i could land the sea plane no problems,i can also land the plane away from a airport too , so i tried landing on the airport and sure enough it crashes when you hear that wheel sound.Sadly, with hardware accel on lowest and on a different driver it makes no difference and it still crashes(even without my speakers on)I think i should try a full reinstall , but the reason why i didnt do that lately was because it takes so darn long ;)btw , i just purchased flight sim 04 which is a lot newer , so im not sure i'll be playing fu3 much if it keeps crashing :(pitty really , i really loved the game when i purchased it with all my hard savings for $30 3 years ago hehe.Thanks for your help anyway guys , i'll let you know if a clean install helps.

Mark,We need to get that problem of yours solved, and quickly. We don't want another FU3 supporter departing for Microsoft shores ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest markyc

This may be a bit of a long shot, but where have you got your antialiasing set? I,ve had some crashing to desktop at various times when this has been set too high. Certainly on my modest setup I can go no further than '2Q' before strange unexplained things start happening. Also another thought was, have you actually disabled your sound completely. That should prove the sound theory once and for all.Mark:)