Sign in to follow this  
Guest fu3

441 models fixed!

Guest fu3

Thought that might get your attention...I have uploaded the corrected version of my models package to Avsim. Look for 'jmod05a.zip'.The errors were basically one file left out (Sanfran) and some old stuff that I'd included by mistake - sorry ;)Besides, I decided to actually count them all this time - 441 across both regions :-roll

Guest glidernut

Jon,441 models, wouw!Nouw slow douwn, carm douwn, and relax a littl.You assumed that people already had some things.Yes thay probably do, I probably do too? But you see I was checing your models bifor puting them in GEN.You see I keep everyone elses models, inclooding FU3s arginal models, in the GEN`s modelmip.tag.So that I can keep all my owne, "40 or so, new and experimental", models loos in GEN, so thay dont get mixt up with other peopls models.I imagen other peopl also hav weerd ways of keeping organized?Are yes, I see your ansering other posts, you must hav carmed douwn nouw. Nouw then, as to the flags: Your initial reaction was that a flag moving like THAT wouldn't last 5 minutes!I presoom you meen it would fraye at the egeis and where out?Rubish, its not a real flag, it would last for ever!I dont understand why if you used axil 01 you would want to restrict its movement? Axil 01 alredy has the best amount of movement!You carnt restrict or inhance the amount of mooment anway.Changing the last 4 numbers of the flag axil has no afect!The amount of mooment we get is dictated by the windsok`s axils in conjunctionwith what ever weather file is being used at the time.Are you makeing the asumption that axil 01 is the first one? bicous its not.Axil 00 is the first one, axil 01 is the second one, and axil 02 is the therd one.Thay do like to add thees littl complications to there nameing conventions dont thay.Anyway, you can not tell how much moovment a windsoks axil will have by lookingat its last 4 numbers, bicous its the weather used at the time that dictats that.The weather not only terns the axils on, it also ditermins the amount of moovment.Which begs the question, do you see the same amont of mooment as me?No, is the anser, bicous we are useing diferant weather files.Iv tryed lots of diferant weather files, and Iv cum to the concloosion that on averige axil 01 is the best.I toled you this bifor, but I think you mised it, what with all the other stufgoung on at the same time.I think you hav mist an opertunaty to hav all the flags mooving properly for most of the time. Never mined.glidernut.

Guest fu3

John,I'm not too worried about the FU. I went through all of them one by one but somehow still managed to copy a couple of rogue ones into the upload (and left one out). This is still only about 67% of my 'models' folder and it took a lot of sorting to decide which ones were good enough to include. In the end, I trimmed it back to only models that had been used in packages (by Chris or myself), and ones that constituted a 'set' or usefull number of varied models. For example, I actually have 32 boat models but the fishing boats are a bit polygon-heavy :-roll The substation models didn't even rate a mention but they're useful if you want to build an entire substation, which is a lot of work in itself. I just couldn't see many people wanting to stick HV transformers in their airport sceneries!BTW, I was more worried that I'd accidentally included even more unwanted (unfinished/crappy) models but, thanks to your quick feedback, a disaster of massive proportions was averted!You say that the weather setting affects the windsock but I always seem to be in a gale! Mine jump around like crazy, even with the wind set to 0. Maybe I've missed a windsock setting somewhere - or inadvertently created one :-(Truth is, I did these years ago and never uploaded them but I used a few in my own packages so I thought I'd include them. I can always upload new ones ;)