Sign in to follow this  
Guest evansgg

English ATC Chatter

Guest evansgg

Forgive me for asking a question that has probably been asked before, but I recall using a program once in FS98 or FS2002 that let the user use downloaded local ATC background chatter. I also think Australian ATC chatter files came with an add on for that program. I was wondering if it is possible to get English ATC background chatter going instead of the US ATC in FU3UKS. I know that as ATC it simply would not function at all, but I was just interested in the background chatter aspect. The standard FU3 ATC is useless in FU3UKS anyway. I am not sure of the audio file setup in FU3.

Guest fu3

Dunno about this - one could use a challenge to loop a l-o-n-g wav file but changing the voices themselves is a largish job ;)I thought about adding an Australian voice to mine but was a lot of work. The setup is simple - just record hundreds of samples. Easy :-eekBut, someone might do it (not me - I just finally got my WIP folder cleaned out - now, back to the plane, the plane...) :-wave

Guest evansgg

Thanks for the reply, you have jogged my memory. Yes the MSFS solution was to fly a flight or challenge to get the home grown ATC for the area. You did say it was a wav file though, so I might do a search for Heathrow ATC wv files and see what I can do for a challenge. Thanks.

Guest R_Driscoll

I'm not sure what you mean that the UKS ATC isn't working. This is David's brainchild, which I finished off by a complete rewrite of the air control zones based on hours of work of getting each airport, finding the best way to fit the UK airspace definitions for each airport into the US format enforced by FU3, defining flight legs, center controllers etc, then linking this to the ATC, and I have never before heard any complaints about it so I assume you simply haven't installed it. This forum is rapidly going backwards. A few weeks ago Chris was asking the same sort of questions.And yes, I still look in from time to time, but I don't see much happening here apart from Jon's new models and agtim's amazing efforts. Why don't you guys get behind agtim and help him a bit? You fiddle around with tiny taxiway adjustments while he is developing brand new megasceneries single-handedly?

Guest evansgg

>I'm not sure what you mean that the UKS ATC isn't working.>This is David's brainchild, which I finished off by a complete>rewrite of the air control zones based on hours of work of>getting each airport, finding the best way to fit the UK>airspace definitions for each airport into the US format>enforced by FU3, defining flight legs, center controllers etc,>then linking this to the ATC, and I have never before heard>any complaints about it so I assume you simply haven't>installed it. This forum is rapidly going backwards. A few>weeks ago Chris was asking the same sort of questions.>>And yes, I still look in from time to time, but I don't see>much happening here apart from Jon's new models and agtim's>amazing efforts. Why don't you guys get behind agtim and help>him a bit? You fiddle around with tiny taxiway adjustments>while he is developing brand new megasceneries>single-handedly?Rob, if I had David's UKS ATC I would have it installed and would not have bothered with this enquiry. I dont know what is bugging you but I dont believe asking a few questions that have been answered before is making the forum go backwards. It is merely underlining our mortality in that we concede we forget things. I know I forget more and more of late myself. I was not trying to gesumpt or belittle any of David's or your creative efforts.As far as your exhortations about getting behind agtim, goes there will always be users and developers. It is not a prerequisite that everyone has to be involved in devloping what they enjoy. I am primarily a user because I have neither the time or expertise to develop much except as one off infrequent projects. In short - get off your high horse! Now if you want to do something really useful, what was the name of the UKS ATC file and where can it be downloaded from thanks.

Guest fu3

Whoops!I totally missed the point :-rollI too had forgotten about the UK ATC upgrade because, even though I have it, I didn't install it! RobD did, when he copied his UKS image onto my HD!It also proves how long I've been away from UKS - but hey, you've got some great new models to play with, just waiting in the library ;)And Rob, I think you've been working too hard! I have too, hence my absence, apart from the odd popup. I finally got those models out and and it's like a dose of salts - I feel much better now. I realised last night that I wrote the original readme file in March, but, after promising stuff for Chris, my spare time went out the window :-eekAnyway, I'm glad it's done - I might even finish that plane now...PS Found a great spotting point near YSSY - great lunchtime entertainment, beats reading the paper any day (except rainy ones!). :-wave