Sign in to follow this  
Guest qvdgeer

Back Again

Guest qvdgeer

Hi folks, After a long absence from FU3 during which time a invested in a new machine I would like to get back to it and possibly get the Tigermoth out of the Hangar. However after installing FU3 with the patch I have problem with the F3 and F2 cockpit views. That is to say is progressively turns into a colouful soup. The through windscreen stays ok. It is probably a driver pb I have a Geforce 6200 with turbo cache. Any ideas ?In any case could someone send me a link to UKS.Thanks in advance,QvdG

Guest glidernut

Hi Quentin,Good to see you back.Iill send you the link.F2 and F3 cockpit views turn into a colouful soup, "mmmmmm"!Only you and I have that speshal see throow windscreen efect, "ho" and I may I may hav sent it to RobD as well, just to impresthe pants of him.That speshl efect only works in 800-600 resolution, but you say itsnot that so I dont know.Sins the last time you was hear, I hav lernt a bit about modeling.Can you send me the Tigermoth in 3Ds ?Hope sumone can help with your colouful soup.glidernut.John Lewis.

Guest fu3

Hi Quentin,"Colourful soup"?Post a screen shot if you can, I'm feeling hungry ;)There seems to be a possible compatibility issue with DX9.0B and new cards. Try rolling it back to 8.1 or updating to 9.0C.:-wave

Guest fu3

Quentin,Upon further thought, I realise what you mean now. Does it look like this?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/133858.jpgNote the greeny-pinky shades on the panel :-erksMy old GE4 used to do it a bit, but the 9800 is actually WORSE!The reason? It has, I believe, to do with the displayed colour palette. On my PC, it is most noticeable at dawn or dusk, when the night & day cockpit bitmaps are each contributing about 50% each to the image. I suppose it has something to do with how the images are mixed.My only solution is to reduce colour density in my cockpit bitmaps. The effect seems the same in both regions.:-wave

Guest qvdgeer

Hi Jon, No in fact if it was like the screenshot I could probably live with it. In fact the cockpit literaly melts into the "colourful soup". This only affects the instrument panel and not the exterier view. I will try the 9.0C driver.By the way any chance of the T6 getting pulled out of the back of the Hangar ?Thanks & CheersQvdG

Guest qvdgeer

Hi Glidernut, Thanks ,I got your mail and sent you the 3DS of the DH82.Cheers, QvdG

Guest glidernut

Quentin,I got your 3Ds but its no good to me.It wouldant open in my 3DsMAX or in Anim8er without first deleteing all the tecstuers useing unwrap.And by then all the axils had disapeered too.I created new axils but still couldant get it throo BSP.So I giv up.It was my intenshtion to delete the pilots head and replace it with abox named @h310bject and then put this model in the first model of the res file,so that we had an F4 vew of the Tigermoth.But never mined, it dont mater, Im bisy doing a flyabl Vigilant motor gliderat the moment.glidernut.

Guest markyc

Hi QvdG,Have you enabled 'player shadows' in the cfg file. Under certain conditions that used to cause my panel to 'melt' before my very eyes.Mark:)

Guest musikai

Hi,the panel soupsome months ago I had the same problem and it was caused related to certain Antialiasing-Settings. Try if changing between 2x, 2xQ, 4x, 8x etc. helps.Mh it's weird, now that I rechecked I don't have the soup-problem at any settings any more. Hey, where's my problem gone? :-)CiaoKai

Guest fu3

Quentin,Sorry about that. Obviously, my soup is better behaved :-lolThe T6 is in a state of flux (i.e. I didn't get THAT far with it) but I could send you my entire working folder, if you want to finish it off. The basic plane is done (untextured) and I was fiddling with the gear, getting it go up and down properly (i.e. not through the wings) but I hit a problem with the gear doors. Ansgar has since explained all this (I can copy you on that too - or help you with it when you get that far).It's a shame not to finish it. I have 2 other unfinished aircraft - the Saab340B (90% done) and the ASWS28 (which was such a mess, I started from scratch but lost momentum and switched to the T6). I also have a twin-engined power boat and an '83 Camaro but I don't suppose anyone would be interested in THOSE! They're very useful for checking out models and packages from ground/sea level. I still use the birds(!) for aerial flyovers as you can cruise at 15kts, turn on a dime/5c/5p/0.05E and see everything.Besides, I never feel bad about crashing a bird and flipping the Camaro end-over-end at 130mph is actually kinda fun (in a Dukes of Hazard kinda way...) :-lolLet me know if you'd like the T6 stuff as I'd like to finish the S340 first.:-wave

Guest qvdgeer

Hi Jon, Thanks for the offer. Before tackling at the T6 (one of my favourites)I would like to finish the DH82 once I have set up on my new machine. With respect to the moving parts this is not really my strength as Ansgar did them for the DH82. What I have no clue about is the flight modelling - still cub from that point of view same for the sound come to that. If there are any idiots guides I am interested.Cheers, QvdG

Guest qvdgeer

Thany you gentlemen, I shall give these a try.Cheers, QvdG

Guest glidernut

QvdG,You say your Tigermoth was a cub? but the cub is an addon aircraft, not an FU3 stok aircraft, and ther are 2 verstions of the cub to my knolige.So the origin of your Tigermoth,s flight model may or may not be known. Well, perhaps that dont mater, but it might hav been usefal to compair it with the origin flight model, just for comparison.

Guest qvdgeer

Thanks John I received the package. In fact the tigermoth currently uses a 90hp cub flight model (and sound).Cheers, QvdG