Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Screenshots

Five screenshots of a recent flight in the Beechcraft Baron from Borges Clarksburg to Bonny Doon Village. A few sharp eyed users may notice that I have been tinkering again ;-)1. Borges Clarksburg airfield, showing the new taxiway, and lack of centrelines.2. Passing a line of pylons, with Rio Vista airport in the background.3. Mount Diablo, my favourite piece of terrain mesh in the entire FU3 kingdom.4. Passing one of the fourteen fire lookout towers in SanFran 2006.5. Parked up at Bonny Doon Village, showing the new log defined parking area.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Two more screenshots, showing the new log defined parking area at Borges Clarksburg. Well, the white lines looked CRAP ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris...I am enjoying immensely the fruit of the hard work you have done.One question... What is the speed of your system? Its been three years since I have upgraded processors and I am running an Athlon 1800+. I want to wait to upgrade 'till this summer.I find that most of my fps speeds are around 9 to 15 when I am viewing the areas with the most dense modeling... and that without clouds many clouds. I may have to turn down a lot of sliders.Just wonder what speed you are running. I may have to wait a little while until I get the full benefit of your great package.We are just finishing up Thanksgiving weekend over here in Stateside. I hope you have a nice December leading up to the Christmas season.Now off to church....Take care, thanks, and God bless!Steve

Steve,I tend to start most of my flights just before sunrise (to experience that gorgeous early morning light), and with clear skies. Occasionally, I will fly with the sky completely overcast, and when it's raining, but I don't do this often. That is simply because, even with an Athlon 64 3200+ powered system, getting totally smooth framerates in densely modelled areas during bad weather is still quite a challenge, particularly when you realise that I also have 6xFSAA and 16x anisotropic filtering activated.Anyway, it's more difficult to see all of those lovely new scenery packages that Jon and I created when the weather is poor ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

A single screenshot of the new Scotts Valley airfield. It just didn't look (or feel) right with that fancy taxiway and lighting :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png