Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Where do you want to post today ?

Remember this old P51 ?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/134690.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/134691.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/134692.jpgmip and bin files will work for FU2 also and somes .mod filespackages are not known in FU2 you must place selected .mod files inside the models folder of the region. Caution FU3 airports are unusable in FU2 and will CDTAIPlan.txt and Airspace.txt will not work in FU2if you want try such steps first save your FU2 installation !!! Better install FU3 and SanFran from FU2, but if you own FU2 only ... :-wave agtim

Guest Seadog

>Lars,>>....SNIP....>>>Chris Low.>>PS. I haven't seen Doug Kearney (Seadog) post anything about>SanFran 2006. I didn't include several old packages in this>new version of the pack, but I kept a little folder with these>inside.....just for him :-)>>They are still available if you want them, Doug !>Hi Chris, and thanks for saving that bundle of goodies for me. Events have conspired to keep me from enjoying them just now. In brief, my very elderly father was a New Orleans evacuee from Hurricane Katrina. It took some time to locate him (I live a fair distance away in Dallas) and he was then well, but he returned to New Orleans a few weeks ago, finding his house destroyed and belongings damaged beyond salvage. He then became gravely ill. New Orleans lacks very much medical care facilities, so he was urgently transported 150 miles away (about 240 km), where I again lost track of him for a week, and he's just had his second surgery in as many weeks. On the mend for now.That understandably interrupted my project of completely reinstalling XP and all my applications. Only 2 nights ago did I finally reinstall FU3 and patch it. Although I downloaded your new SanFran pack, I haven't yet had time to install it (let alone do the dance with setting up the flight yoke and pedals).It is likely to be the first of the year before I really have time to enjoy what I see is a beautiful package. I feel in this circumstance somewhat like Churchill did about distilled spirits - so little time, so much to do (he reportedly said: drink).So if you would be good enough to preserve those extras for me and accept my apologies for not being able to seize upon your master work just at the moment, I would indeed be grateful.-Doug

Guest Allan_D

Thomas.How do the flight characteristics of Ansgar's 747 compare with other versions of this plane on the PC?I,m not sure about that because I've never flown a real 747, But I know I have a lot of fun playing with FU3. Landing the 747 on the dome is not a problem in FU3 but I know that this would never happen in the real world.I hear all of the folks talking about how real FU3 is, the way the planes handle, the realistic feel, Most of them have never flew a real plane. Some folks lose track of the fact that this is a game not the real thing, So long as there having fun it's OK.It's a computer game that everyone should have fun with, Enjoyhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/134702.jpgHave Fun :-vuurAllan BFU Job Manager and Co-Moderatorand PuppyBush Flying Unlimitedhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Guest glidernut

I remember seeing it with one wing biger than the other for goinground corners.I remember thinking another way of going round corners might be to usethat big magnet Allan-D calls a dome to sling shot the plaine round corners,in the same way thay use the gravity of planets to sling shot space crafton to the next planet and eventualy out of the solaresistem.glidernut.

Guest Ansgar

Huhhhhhh .... who ist that?!!I just looked around here into Chris thread and find my old friend and very important helper Thomas here in the forum! A very warm and nice "welcome" here Thomas.Friend

Doug,No problem. They are sitting on my hard disk, waiting for take off clearance :-)Chris Low.PS. I hope that your father gets well soon.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I've been away for a while but I'm back and you may expect me to contribute to this forum again. I've relocated and I just got the internet working again. I went for wireless ADSL since I have arranged to share the subscription cost with those living upstairs. It took me a couple of hours to figure out that I had to hardwire the router first to make it initialize (start broadcasting) and then I could pull out the plug and use the wireless option. I've got my PC in one room and the router (ADSL modem) in another, about 6 m away.Anyway, SanFran does look a lot better and I'll post some screenshots once I get time to explore the "new" SanFran.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest Seneca60BC

Hi Chris et alWell I used to play Fu2 and Fu3 and man it is the best GA sim out there. However, I decided to move away from the evil of Microsoft and welcomed Linux as my Operating System. However with that move, obvoiusly I cannot run FU3 anymore - which is a shame. But now I am playing X-Plane on Linux.Anyway what I am saying is FU3 will always stay with me as THE best GA sim I have ever played. I have numerous flashbacks - and all wonderful ones!What a shame the developers are no more.And Chris, man I have never come across a person like you that shows so much dedication to something!! you truely are incredible!Have fun and enjoy this magnificant sim!!!Bye for nowShelton.

Shelton,Thank you for your kind words. It would be nice to think that some of the FU3 development team (and one or two publishers) were aware of just how enthusiastic some of us are with respect to the Flight Unlimited series. Unfortunately, even if this were the case, the chances of anyone even CONSIDERING the possibility of creating Flight Unlimited 4 are extremely low. This is a great shame, because some of us actually prefer a relatively small scenery area that is highly detailed, rather than the entire world. Creating a complex, interactive ATC environment is presumably a lot easier to implement in a self contained area than it is on a GLOBAL scale, and this is an area where FU3 excels. Of course, there are plenty of other features and details that are unique to the FU series, but I won't bore everyone with a list here. They have been mentioned many times before on this forum ;-)It would be nice to think that all of the hard work that I (and many others) have contributed with respect to FU3 would be rewarded at some point in the near future, but I am not optimistic that anyone who is in a position to develop FU4 really cares any more. Yes, we all know that publishers rule the roost these days, but it would have been nice to see a dedicated bunch of talented coders decide to take the plunge and create a spiritual successor to the Flight Unlimited series.Yes, it would have been nice......... :(Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Seneca60BC

>win.XP.>Here is another screenshot from "Sanfran 2006" clean install>at SFO.>No trees here, and it is a great addon.>Take care.>>>Ps. note correct flaps and trimsettings here for the>Beechjet:-lol >>Lars Peter.>:-wave Beautiful!! ahhhh the fond memories!