Sign in to follow this  
Guest csonni

can't get through full install

Guest csonni

Purchased this software (Flight Unlimited III) for my daughter and we can't seem to get through a full install. Even the typical install is frustrating. When it asks for the 2nd cd, I get several errors telling me that it is the wrong one. The installer also detects Windows 2000, of which we don not have installed. After several tries, it works, but then we can seem to install San Fransisco, etc. As far as I know, this is a full version. Iknow it's not a bundled one. We end up cancelling the install each time. Is there a trick to installing this? Does a Full Install mean no cd is required for flight? What is a Typcial Install? Has anyone else had problems installing this? We have a brand new PC with all up-to-date hardware with XP Home version.

Guest csonni

Okay, after getting the proper cds in (rather confusing for an install), I got the main game installed (but not San Francisco- yet I have 3 cds- one install, and 2 scenery). Is there any place I can get a pdf manual or something on controls with a mouse and keyboard? Not sure how to get her off the ground. Is a joystick required?

Hi,to install San Francisco you must have FU2 also. It's not included in FU3. The manual must be on the CD.You can run the game without cd look into the the flight3 folder if there is a folder named CDROMseattlemaps if not create one and copy all map files like l0aaaa.cpd... all .cpd files into this folder.now open the file region.cfg using the standard notepad editor.the file is located at flight3regionseattlethe second line points to the cdrom-pathso now change reg_cd_path to the new created path on your disk drivebefore the change the line points to your cdrom drive.save the file and start the game without cdromjoystick is better than a mouse to play.quick start: select quick flightchoose an aircraftclick into the map with the mouse, select an altitudeclick on ? to see the labels and select FLY now you are in the airselect F2 or F3 for cockpit view or F5 for outside viewgood luck :-wave agtim

Guest fu3

"Is there any place I can get a pdf manual or something on controls with a mouse and keyboard?"Try this:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/136815.gifand this:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/136816.gifThen, you should read these:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/136814.zip"Not sure how to get her off the ground."The simple answer is, "fly it" (but that doesn't really help, I know...)! Try this:Choose 'Options' from the start menu.'Primary DI' for the 3D acceleration driver.Hit 'accept'.Choose 'Quick Flight' from the start menu.Pick a simple aircraft e.g. TrainerHit 'Current location' and a map will appear.Click anywhere (preferably not at the edges of the map) and another menu comes up. Click on '3000ft' (the map now disappears).Click 'Fly'You should find yourself at 3000ft, somewhere over Seattle with the aircraft roughly trimmed and flying at cruise speed.Now, there is MUCH more in getting off the ground but this'll get you flying. Read the manual as much as you can - I know it sounds boring but it saves surprises later ;)"Is a joystick required?"Yes, for realism and ease of control but you may also use the keyboard (arrows). Use < and > for rudder, / to center it. When you're real good (and the weather is smooth) you can fly on trims alone :-rollYou can save the keycards by selecting the icons at bottom and hitting 'save target as.."Clear skies :-waveRegards,Jon PointGlide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest landing spot...

You definitely need a joystick to get the best out of FU3. You also need a copy of FU2 to use the San Francisco scenery, and this needs to be installed at the same time as FU3 itself.Have you installed the patch ?Chris Low.PS. If you would like any more help with getting FU3 working (and adding some ESSENTIAL add-ons), then e-mail me at the following address, and I will do my best.Christopher dot Low at btinternet dot com

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png