Sign in to follow this  
Guest glidernut

DH82 (TigerMoth) Version: 1.

Guest glidernut

With Quentins permition Iv just uploded his DH82 (TigerMoth) to the avsim library, it should be avalabl soon.This is a work in progress, and is not finished.Did I say work in progress? well no one has worked on it for over a yer nouw,and I fear it may get lost or fergoten if not on avsim.A lot of work has gon into this TigerMoth and its too good to be lost. so if you whant to pik it up and run with it, then pleas do so.It has a Cub 90hp engin, flight model and sounds.Quentin van de Geer or QvdG for short, followed as closely as possible the original DH82 design drawings in an atempt to get it as orthentik as posibl.I on the other hand got a bit carid away in the cockpit, sory about that. WORNING:The glass wind sheeald visers in the IFR cockpit vew, thats the F4 vew,has been dun in a speshal way to imitate see throw glass, but it only works properly when this aircraft is flowne in a resalotion of 800x600.So bifor flying this aircraft you should go into OPTIONS and choos aresalotion of 800x600.Other speshal efects that also only work properly in a resalotion of 800x600,inclood electrik sparks arking between bair wiyers.To see the sparks, (fly at night and put the radiow on). If you fly this aircraft often inuf you may also hear the ocasianal sound ofarking electrisity, Other speshal efects? Acknowlegements go to Quentin van de Geer or QvdG for short, he started this project and did most of the work, this is very muchhis baby.Thanks also gos to Ansgar for all his valuabl work on stratening outthe model, and axils, and things.And me, glidernut, for doing the cockpit vews.And several others for help and suport. glidernut.

A very good-looking model with an advanced custom panel and beautiful cockpit views :-)I looked at the shaded windshield and found that you'd used the same technique as for the Big Red's left front quarter view. There's a checkerboard pattern with every second pixel being transparent. Maybe this works fine for all cockpit views (except for the panel) because they're unaffected by the resolution? As you stated, it works as intended in 800 x 600 but the "checkerboard" breaks down at higher resolutions - my guess is that the cockpit views retain the original 800 x 600 no matter how high you go while the panel does not. The ideal approach would be a kind of semi-transparency as the "stealth" feature. I'm mentioning "stealth" since it proves that FU3 supports semi-transparency but it may not lend itself to this task.You state that the flight dynamics are standard Cub. How about using the red baron? The real Tigermoth should be somewhere between these two - in principle it's more like the the red baron but it would have far better flight dynamics. Compared to a Cub the double-decker would have more drag and tend to yaw, even a more "modern" design as the Tigermoth. I would expect very sluggish turns. best regards,Hans Petter

Guest Motormouse

Thanks for this!:-wavePete

Hi Quentin,OK I will do that for you :-)as you can see the northern part of Switzerland is unfinished and has not a sharp texture - reason are missing border tiles.But now here is Quentin on a flight from Zuerich to Friedrichshafen.Over Zuerich Unique Airport http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/TMZH.JPGand now toward the Saentis, last moutain before the big lake (unfinished no texture for the German border availlable :-() http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/TMTS.JPGPassing nearby Saentis - about at the rope railway http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/TMSAE.JPGnow the lake with Friedrichshafen on the other side http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/TMTOFR.JPG :-wave agtim