Sign in to follow this  
Hans_Petter

Litemaps

I've churned out a couple new buildings and figured that I'd try to make the windows light up at night. I created a darker MIP, painted the windows in light colors and ran it through FixMip with the night setting checked. The I put the MIP in the GEN subfolder "Litemaps". It didn't work. I also tried making the night GIF into black and white before processing it, to no avail.I know this: The night light has its own special palette (one text mentioned "litepale.pal"). The palette has 32 colors only and all are various hues of yellow. If I could get a copy of this palette I might load it in PSP/Corel and use it for editing and saving the nightlit GIF.I was thinking of reverse engineering some existing night MIP to get the correct palette/ scoop the nightglow colors but I see no way to make a MIP into a GIF. Can anyone help? Ideally, we ought to have night lights for all major buildings.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest fu3

H-P,Don't worry about the palette - Fixmip will do that for you. Just remember that black is black and white is well, white... In FU3 this comes out as black, fading up through yellow to white. Try this:1. Make a 'negative' of the daytime image in PSP (invert colours).2. Convert to greyscale.3. 'Blacken' any parts of the image that you don't want lit up. If you leave the walls grey, they'll glow in the dark...4. Convert to GIF, 256 x 256 pixels.5. Run Fixmip, Seattle palette, night lighting.6. Look at the mip in Fixmip and it should look like what you want;)This should get you going but if not, re-post here (with the gif attached) and I'll have a look. The Seattle palette is necessary for night lighting in ALL regions ;):-wave

Guest fu3

Congratulations! How about a daytime view? ;):-waveRegards,Jon PointGlide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest landing spot...

Here's a day image. I just put a car next to the building to check the size. If that ambulance is sized correctly I might want to downsize the the doors and the windows a bit. I've got several buildings up my sleeve and this is the largest one.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/138769.jpgWhile working on the night lights it's evident that the majority of new buildings don't have any. I will try to make a nightlit version of all the buildings I've created. A cityscape by night looks better when there's no power outage :-)Hans Petter