Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

Bob is in the hospital...

Guest twsimfan

Guys,I had a call last night from a local friend of Bob's advising me that he is in the hospital. The guy who called is the one that provided those AT6 pictures some time back.I was able to reach him in his room and he seemed in good spirits. I'm not sure what all is wrong with him but he did tell me that the food there is too good and he is getting spoiled.I'm not sure how long before he is back with us but I will keep you all informed.I just returned from a emergency of my own. My wife's brother passed away with just 2 hours remaining in 2005 and I had to make a rushed trip to Idaho.

Tom.Sorry to hear about this with Bob and your family..Life is not always as you expect it to be, and sudden events comes up quickly.I hope Bob is recovering very soon, to a normal lifestyle again.He could be spoiled with food, but outside a hospital. Take care.Lars Peter.:-wave

Guest Kestrel 2

Thanks for letting us know.Sorry to hear of the troubles both families are facing. May God be your strength for every time of need.

Guest CaptRolo

Hope All will be ok ,Say HI BOB get well soon .CaptRolo

Guest Stearman

My best wishes to you both, Tom.Please make sure to let him know as soon as you've got the opportunity.Regards,

Guest fu3

Hey Bob,The food there may be good but it could never be good! Hope you recover quick and get back to a diet that includes flight simulation :-lolTake care ;)

Guest twsimfan

Guys,I spoke to Bob on Friday night and he seemed to think he might be going home the next day. I had no word from him so I tried his house tonight and only got his answering machine. So I tried the hospital and he is still there. He seemed a bit "out of it". I got the impression that they have him on some "really good" pain meds. I'm not sure what all is wrong with him but I gather they are having some problems getting his blood pressure where it needs to be. I read him your posts and he seemed to enjoy that.I hope he gets home real soon but not before he is up to it.

I'm looking forward to the next "official" chat, so that we can all get the next "cheese update" from Bob himself ;-)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest twsimfan

Last night I was trying to phone Bob but they said he had been transferred and when they connected me to the new place they said they had never heard of Robert Stiles. In desperation I sent a e-mail to his older brother George.George called me and we had a nice talk and he eventually gave me a new phone number for Bob once he had cleared that with Bob. Bob was in good spirits but he absolutely hates the new place. This one is apparently a government run facility and they do not have good food... or good much of anything else good from the sound of it. :(On the bright side the new hospital has inspired Mr. FlyBert to work at getting better as fast as possible. :-lolI got home late this evening thanks to some medical needs of my own and was about to call him but he called me before I could get to it. He was in a very good mood tonight and it was good to hear him laugh & joke again.He says he wants to have a "Reunion Chat" once he gets home and is up to it. Hopefully we can line up a time when we can get all the "old timers" together. :)