Sign in to follow this  
Guest Seadog

PC Pilot article re FU III

Guest Seadog

The Jan/Feb issue of PC Pilot has a four page spread describing FU III "from a Microsoft simmer's viewpoint." Without trying to summarize it entirely, the article notes the program was light years ahead of the competition and holds up well even today. Purchase information for the re-release is given and recommended. Unfortunately, the author was not familiar with the improvements available in the Avsim Library. Taken as a whole, though, the article was quite favorable.Perhaps Chris could put in a letter to the editor, mentioning the improvements available at Avsim.-Seadog

Doug,If you look a bit further down the list, you will notice that I have already posted a message regarding this :-)Oh, and I sent an e-mail to the editor of PC Pilot magazine as soon as I had read the article, informing him that lots of new upgrades and add-ons were available for FU3. He sent me a quick response, saying that he would consider the situation for a few days, and then get back to me.I keep checking my InBox every day ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Seadog

Well, indeed there is! I thought I'd caught up on all the messages that had accrued while I'd been out of town, but missed that one. Glad to see you were on top of the situation, Chris.I had been in Denver and Colorado Springs for the retirement ceremony at the US Air Force Academy of a Lt.Col. friend of mine. The Academy, by the way, turns out to be on very rugged ground, isolated far from anything else. The biggest surprise was to find Denver sitting on a high flat plain, very far from the mountains, and home to what has to be one of the most difficult airports in the country to get around despite all the mechanized walks and trains.Sorry I overlooked your post, and thanks for bringing it to my attention.-Seadog

Doug,"They" say that Denver International airport sits on top of a huge underground base, with aliens and other super secret stuff. It might be worth checking out next time you're there :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest twsimfan

I've lived here for 21 years now and I've nevere heard any of that.. and those mountains are only 15 minutes away by car...

My dear Tom, you aren't SUPPOSED to know ! It's all super secret. Only us geeks with contacts in the intelligence community get to know stuff like this :-lol

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Jees, sum of the things that get put on this foram!