Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Byron Municipal runways

It has just come to my attention that the uploaded version of SanFran 2006 does not include the new runway models at Byron Municipal airport ! I only realised this because I recently had to reformat the hard disk, and therefore reinstall FU3. I must have originally copied the files that Robert Driscoll sent me to my own GEN folder, but forgot to add them to the SanFran 2006 package (or even my own backup zip disks) :-eekDo you lot never visit Byron Municipal airport ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest fu3

Well, rarely - probably a few times per year :-rollAnd sorry for sending the wrong package in the pylons thing. I just grabbed a folder from from my desktop. After your email yesterday, I realised I had 2 versions of it.Suffice to say, my pylons run out into the distance OK. I tried removing my 'model_detail_scale' command and they're still there, just looking a bit crappy. I am concerned that you don't have the lo-res models in place, or they're bogus.BTW, the reason for the low shots wasn't to show you the car (neat, huh?) but because the low angle (i.e. ground) gave better contrast with the sky. Looking back on the photos, you can't actually see the far away pylons 'coz the angle was wrong :-(I'll resend the package tonight because I'd be interested to know if it's just a problem with your FLED. Whatever it is, it can't be too bad!:-wave

Jon,Bad ? It's incredibly frustrating ! I tried adding that same line of pylons last night (with YOUR modelmip.tag file installed, as opposed to the large one by Robert Driscoll; I did this because I was using a 9000 feet long runway model as a ruler), and it seemed to be working at first (although the distant pylons are still very faint when compared to the existing ones; have you changed some of the model attributes since I added them early last year ?). That particular line has two kinks in it, so I added the pylons to the first kink, and then checked it out. I could see ALL of the pylons. Then I added more pylons until I reached the second "kink". I could STILL see all of the pylons. Then I added the final bunch.....and guess what happened again ? Yep, that's right. The distant pylons had disappeared again. I could only see about four pylons in front of me, and the rest "popped into existence" (one at a time) as I moved forward !!! :-fume I have tried splitting the package again, but it doesn't make any difference.I was really hoping to be able to expand the pylon network in the SanFran region, but only being able to see a handful of pylons at a time is UNACCEPTABLE to me, particularly when the existing ones can be seen for MILES !!If you want to try an experiment, then make sure that the full SanFran Pylons package is installed, locate the Vaca Dixon Substation in FLED, open the SanFran Pylons package, and start adding more large pylons to the north. Keep checking every now and again in FU3 itself to see which pylons can be seen. At first, you will probably be able to see most of them, but if you encounter the same problem as I am experiencing, you will eventually see the more distant pylons disappear, and only the nearby ones will be visible. However, the (almost parallel) existing line of pylons to the east should still be visible way off into the distance.It doesn't even seem to be a "multiple examples of the same model" limit, either. I deleted the main SanFran Pylons package, and checked out the situation with only two megatiles worth of pylons installed, but the problem still existed.I am also hoping that Robert still has copies of those two Byron Municipal runways that he built for me, because mine vanished when I stupidly forgot to save them on my backup zip disks. One reformatted hard disk, and they were history :-eek

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png