Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Could 2006 be my last year with FU3 ?

Guest Motormouse

" I've resurrected the T6 as Bob's hospitalstay has jerked my mind ;) Perseverance... I got the gearretracting first go (I stopped work on it because the 3D modelwouldn't compile)!"Oh goody!! :-waveNeed a 'beta' tester ? 015_12a.jpgI've been in one a couple of times now...:-lol:-wavePete

Guest Motormouse

"What I do is reduce power immediately after take-off, so thatmy speed remains constant, and I climb out slowly and steadily(controlling ascent and descent entirely by using thethrottle). By the way, this is a patented flight procedure, soplease ask for my permission before you try it out foryourself :-lolYep, I know. That would be a disastrous course of action inthe real world. Well, so what ? This is a flight SIMULATOR.All I need is for it to simulate flight dynamics as closely aspossible. I can do the rest ;-)Chris Low."Well actually Chris, thats' a technique taught in some 'real world' circles in the event of a control failure or jam.If you've seen/read anything about the events leading up to the DC 10crash in Sioux City, thats' exactly how that plane was controlled after all 3 hydraulics systems went dead after the #2 engine fan detached and sliced through the lines.(..and FUIII still has best flight dynamics, although there are one or two MSFS programmers and flight dynamics whizzes getting close.Try a real honest to goodness spin, or even a sideslip/forward slip in FUIII, then try it in a standard MSFS plane..yuk. Its' still the only sim series that handles a 'flick roll' as well.)If youre up for another free sim, the dynamics of the 'Flight Sim Project' seem pretty good toohttp://www.white-clouds.org/flightsimulatorproject.aspx:-wavePete

Ahh, vindication at last. I feel cleansed ;-)Chris Low.PS. I feel a bit better about FU3 at the moment, so perhaps I just need something new to fly. Jon Point's Saab 340 is top of my list, but my requests to beta test it are being met with stony silence :-)Any chance of me seeing the plane in my InBox, Jon ? ;-)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hello.2006 will not be my last year with FU3.I still use this sim 40% of my time,-you ask why?.-Because this sim has the real flight dynamics,-and the sceenery that feels real.Try to fly aerobatics with another sim and you will see what I mean.Try to fly a glider with upwinds/downwind on a hill.Try out some of the adventures with the beechjet in bad weather/storm,I can go on with animals on the runway, cars driving near behind the aircraft.The atc is brilliant and fun.So far I have not seen a sim that does all this in a better way.So this sim will remain on my computer for a long time.Take care.Lars Peter. :-wave

Guest Seneca60BC

Good luck with your decision. I suppose there is give and take with Fu and X-Plane, ie in FU your restricted to flying in a certain airspace, but the ATC is tops.Shelton.

Guest CaptRolo

Cheer up Chris, only time will tell if another flight sim can top this one .I thoght about getting A sim that pilot instructors use ,but expensive and not sure about the terrain .I just flew to EAT (pangborn intnl)in outter terrain and discovered that the taxiways are all messed up so AI planes are going on the grass . After all this time ! So naturally I fixed it ,now planes take off from both runways. CaptRolo

Guest fu3

Captain!Can you upload the fixed Pangborn?:-wave

Guest CaptRolo

YES i'll upload fixed packageCaptRolo