Sign in to follow this  
Guest glidernut

How do I paint a propeler?

Guest glidernut

OK, I giv up, how do I paint a propeler?Im working on a Vidilanl motorglider, "see snapshot" and Iv given it a propeler, but how do I paint it, and make it a bit smaller?Im useing the Stemme motorglider,s physics, but nuthing in physics seemto has a visual efect on the propeler.How do I find or recogniz which file to export from the stemme res?And how do I edit the file when Iv found it?Is there enyone prepaird to do it for me?It needs to be black and wight like the second snapshot.glidernut.

You need Prop Editor (PropEd.exe). I remember I used it to set the color of the propeller tips for the Big Red.Hans Petter

Guest glidernut

Hi Hans Petter,Whair can I get a (PropEd.exe) from?Do you stil hav a copy? Can you send me a copy?I thort I had just about every divelopment tool there was to be had, but this (PropEd.exe) is a new one on me,ho well liv and lern, liv and lern.Glidernut.

Guest Motormouse

Hi John,Prop editor is simple to use, you have to define the colours using their rgb values.You'll probably have to experiment a bit to get a 'look' thats' acceptable:-wavePete

Guest glidernut

Pete, Thanks for that.agtim,I hav a problem geting your exampls to work.The greyprop.bin, j26prop.bin, myprop.bin, all refuse to be imported into a res file, my ResViewer version 1.32 dont like them.I keep geting the 2 snapshot (Error) mesages!I hav just douwnlowded a new ResViewer and upgraded it to version 1.32 butit still fefuses to import a prop.bin.The 2 snaps are what ResViewer givs me when refuseing to import a prop.bin,or a script with a prop.bin in it.I hav been flying your p51swiss.res for ages, I got it from your webiught,I got it by dounlodeding it as a compleet res file.But I rememberd that your p51swiss was alsow availabl on your webiught asa script to upgrad the MustRace.res to your p51swiss.res by useing ResViewer,inclooded in this script is one of your exampl prop.bin,s.So I dounloded the script vertion of the p51swiss, and folowed the instructionsvery cairfaly, but my ResViewer refuses to import the script when ther is a prop.bin inclooded in the script!.................................................The PropEd.exe WILL open your ****prop.bin files but will not save them.I get an (Error saving file) mesage every time I try!A snapshot of the (Error saving file) mesage is not inclooded.As Im useing Windows XP, Iv also tryed useing PropEd.exe in veryus compatabilaty modes,but I still get the (Error saving file) mesage!Any thorts?glidernut.

Hi Glidernut,Can you save a new creation with PropEd ?if no I supose the reason is the long path name.I have developed the Mustang using a Win95 System :-)and never tuch it again.All the problems must have the same source - the path are not foundtry this:1. create a new folder directly under C: e.g. c:/proped2. place all the file in it and try to load the samples.3. install resviewer in a simple path also or use same folder4. try again.Gideon has not changed his resviewer since my Swiss P51 thats why it must be the path. eldery programs don't like path with folder having spaces inside the name or things like ~1 this is a replacement to a 8 char name when the name has more than 8 chars. use strict 8.3 format (old DOS) for FU3 construction tools.hope this will help:-wave agtim

GlidernutPropEd is working under XP in a simple path butMy sample files are from an old CD and write protected !!!you must remove the write protection first.You can't create a new Prop file !?! the save button is never activatedYou must load a sample and modify it, then save is workinggood luck:-wave agtim

Guest glidernut

agtim,Yes thats got it, its all working like a dreem now, wunderfal.It was the write protection thing.Thay was all write protected, bins, and PropEd,but not any mor.Well, it may hav been the long paths as well, bicous I folowed your advice on that and put everything on C/ with short simpl folder and file names.Anyway, its all working properly nouw. A big thankyou to everyone,Thanks agen.Glidernut. :-jumpy