Sign in to follow this  
agtim

Sideview selection for the Mooney

The Mooney has 2 versions of sideview with the wings.res file 149/151 for the left side and 153/155 for the right.In CockpitDesigner they are referenced as Day Unlit and Day Lit.This must be connected to the J-Key to lit the panel on/off.You can see the light going on/off in the sideviews but the wing will never change !?! It's always 149 and 153. 151 and 155 are never displayed in the game - or how ?Do you know the key or action or connection to activate this view ?I wanted to paint the speed brake up and down in the sideview. The original mooney has identical 149/151 picture but I update one of it and so realized that the second is never selected exept by cockpitDesigner and ResViewer.Any hints ? - Thanks :-wave agtim

Guest glidernut

agtim,It could be that only the inside rectangls in cockpitDesigner can be operatedwith the J-Key.So I sergest that you inclood the wings in the inside rectangls.In other words, make the frame and the wing as one pituer, and suround this pituer with an inside rectangl. So that the wing as well as the fram willbe operated by the J-Key.To do this you will hav to change the size of the rectangls to soot.I never realy understood the need for sevarl rectangls of diferant sizes. When I did my glider cockpit, I only used 2 rectangls per vew, inside and outside,and I set them all to maximum size, full screen, nuthing els.As to geting a vew to be operated by an airbrake key, ie, the /-Key,I hav no ider.glidernut.

Thanks, Glidernut I will try this.The use of more than 1 rectangls is to maximize framerate.With the rectangle you define areas that must be redrawn in each frame.One large rectangle will work but uses more resources.With the new graphic cards this may be less important. :-wave agtim

Lots of programs are being shipped with unfinished features. This must be one of them. In any event, if you could enable this feature it would be much appreciated :-)Hans Petter

Guest fu3

Andre,The answer is to create a bitmap of the desired action and implement it as a cockpit instrument. For example, you could do 2 images of the brake, one retracted, one extended. You then import these (retracted version first) into CPD as instrument images. Go to the view where you want to see it and insert the new 'instrument', selecting the bitmaps you already created. Voila!Issues:* Use the airbrake 'switch' as the instrument.* You need a separate bitmap for each view (day & night). Use the same images for lit/unlit.* Since you are doing an airbrake, you may as well do the entire wing, replacing what's already there.* The usual rules regarding the green colour apply.Best of luck ;)

Hi Jon,Thanks a lot for this hint, will tray it. When you fly with the Mooney in VFR mode the you can't see if air brake is on or off. With this implementation I can take a short look to the wing to see if the brake is up or down without a change to IFR mode. I have to learn a lot about cockpit design :-) :-wave agtim

Guest fu3

Andre,"I have to learn a lot about cockpit design"Don't we all? Actually, considering how the Mooney sinks with air brakes, it would be kinda hard not to notice whilst flying :-lolActually, I have taken off (well, it didn't exactly work out that way...) in the B400 with the brakes on - and it's got an indicator. Could be something to do with my preference for the F1 view during the takeoff roll :-rollRegards,Jon PointGlide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest landing spot...

Hi Jon,Have just tried to put an instrument into the side view - but this will not work, get allways an error reading instrument header.I have look at many cockpits and there was never instruments in a side view. Do you know if instruments can be placed in IFR and VFR only?Do you have ever placed an instrument in a sideview or rearview ? I have CockpitDesigner 0.4 and 0.5b (the last one as Source from Gideon) but the error message is in both version.Any idea ?Cheers :-wave agtim

Guest fu3

Andre,No, somehow I thought it would work. I'll go back and look at what I did :-hmmm You can certainly put ANY instrument into the 'extra view', as I did with the radios etc in the DHC-6. I wonder if you can put extra view switches into the other views?With the T6, I put working surfaces and lights into the F4 cockpit 3D model. When flying in F2 or F3 view mode, you can see the lights but the surfaces only appear in the F4 view !!?!Regards,Jon PointGlide Distance: About 50% of the runway length when you hit a 20kt headgust on flare...

Guest glidernut

Geting back to what Hans Petter sed about there being,Lots of programs shipped with unfinished features.When I converted the ariganal Stemme to 3ds, I found that the Stemme,s F4 vew model had about 9 axils morthan was needed to moov the controle sefices like flaps, airbrackes, ailerons, and so on and so on. Thees additional 9 axils was atached to all sorts of knobs and leevers in the F4 cokpit vew that do not moov in the game. Its as if thay was added in preperation for implementation, but neverfinished.What struk me was that thay was all atached to knobs and leevers,non of them was atached to diles.I Jist thort Id mention that.glidernut