Sign in to follow this  
agtim

AI Traffic Viewer for FU3 - first beta version

Here is the first version of a tool for a documented view of the cryptic FLDNSTY.DAT file.Based on the previous work of Jouko Huovinen. http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/TrafficViewer.jpgnow you can analyze your AI traffic version.Updates of FLTDNSTY.DAT will be possible in the final version.have fun :-) :-wave agtim

Guest fu3

Andre,Very cool :-coolRegards,Jon PointGlide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest landing spot...

Guest glidernut

Agtim,Thees tools of yours hav transformd FU3.With so meny improoments, I think its time we started calling it FU4.Keep em cuming.glidernut.:-grnmd

I wanted to download this file but I get a message :'The page you requested cannot be displayed'.Could someone send me it ?My adres is : adams (at) ae.katowice.plB.Adamski

Guest glidernut

Adams,Its not avalabl yet, agtim hasant finished it yet.Are you still in katowice, Poland. Right smak bang in the middle of Europe.I think your the only Pole wev got.Its good knowing your still around.glidernut.

Hi All,This attached file is the AIPlaneSet.txt version for the latest model.res V_1.0 from Ansgar and Jon.save the orig. LG set then replace by this if you are using the latest model.resthe first number is the resource id (the 20 bytes entry) the second number is the file number of the model with gear down. :-wave agtim

I'm still in Katowice, I'm still reading this forum very often though I'm writing occasionaly.Many people in Poland visit avsim library, they probably often visit forums here and I completely don't understand why I'm the only person from Poland here, since many of them know english better then me.B.Adamski

Guest R_Driscoll

"and I completely don't understand why I'm the only person from Poland here"Maybe its because you have contributed so much to FU3, especially your website and the SanFran packages. Your contributions have always been excellent and appreciated, and you have done much to promote FU3 over the years!Agtim, I'm not sure I can use the traffic viewer (unless I start a new airport! - yes, it would be handy for that) - but is it possible to make a visual viewer of some sort for air traffic zones? The one I did for UK probably has bugs, but I can't see well enough what its doing and so assume its OK, and no-one has complained, but it does a lot of handing off between the centre and London controllers. Its as accurate as I can make it, based on the limitations of the FU3 system and the air charts I could get, but I can't tell if it has mistakes or not because I can't SEE the zones, I have to fly through and guess from the controllers' responses.Robert.

Hi Robert,With the TrafficViewer and the exported file for EXCEL you can see which parking spots are activated in FLDNSTY.DAT Spots without entry in this file will never start a plane.What do you mean by zone ?Do you want to have a list of the generated red lines during startup ai on the map ? Actually I don't know hoe to get this data.They are not on file but in RAM during fu3 run. :-wave agtim

I don't understand what Robert is thinking about with these zones. The only ones I know, are generated by airspace.txt.Red lines seem to be created using aiplan.txt (for small planes only). But not everything is clear because I observed several times planes flying under bridges in the SFO region.B.Adamski

Guest R_Driscoll

Zones refers to the air traffic control zones above and between centres, the regions where you are suppose to contact ATC or centre controllers, typically shown as an upside down wedding cake over airports. FU3 models these very well for USA, but they use different definitions in UK. Its not the lines on the ground! Its the zones defined in the file AIRSPACE.TXT.Robert

Hi Robert,Thanks , but TrafficViewer does not read this file, just FLDNSTY files. :-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

Yes, you're right. It would be very difficult anyway.