Sign in to follow this  
Guest glidernut

RobD,s got squair weels

Guest glidernut

RobD,Any thorts on why I get squair weels after converting the Robert Driscolltruk to the Seattl palel useing your Fix-Mip?Your computer transport bisines wont get far on squair weels.glidernut.

Guest fu3

John,You must have forgotten to switch transparency on. If this doesn't work, when I get back, I'll sort it for you ;) I didn't do a Seattle version as I thought Rob was only playing in UKS - sorry!Still in China for a few more days yet, flying back to Shanghai from Ningbo tomorrow.:-waveRegards,Jon Point

Guest glidernut

Hi Jon,I tryed transparency but I dont know exactly what shade of black to use,the exact couler number.Anyway, itill do when you get back.glidernut.

Guest R_Driscoll

I might have a look at it this evening.But I'm surprised that you are surprised by the square wheels. This is standard throughout my whole (ah, what business is it, oh yes, computer transport) my whole computer transport business (which at the moment, as you know, consists of one truck, courtesy of Jon). After the failure of my gliding entreprises, we had a lot of computers left over (I bought the computers just for the cartons, from which I made the hangars), so it made sense to start selling computers. Square wheels work better of course. More cushioning for the fragile computer parts, excellent traction when braking (and even when not), novel, a fashion statement, and great for parking on slopes. Not so good for the roads though, but so far that's not a problem. We haven't had any orders yet.There was an article on gliding in MSFS in Computer Pilot a few months ago - did you see it? In case you didn't, you're missing a lot by not flying in MSFS. There are real thermals (if you install certain addons, but not based on terrain, just location), a great variety of gliders including the Blanik and Schweizer, and real thermals (or did I mention that one). They haven't bothered with the unnecessary extras like vertical air movement and ridge lift yet, but for a glider, who needs that?Cheers, Robert.

Guest glidernut

No Iv red the article on gliding in MSFS.But I know what MSFS gliding has to offer and its crap.Eevan Hangsim is better for gliding than MSFS.The best sim for gliding is Condor.Unfortunatly Condor is a closed book and dus not alouw anyoneto make or use any addons at all.Thats why Im staying hear in FU3.

Guest R_Driscoll

ahhh, what's life without add-ons?In case you still want round wheels, here's a remapped MIP.Can you please confirm if it works or not - I don't have the Seattle region at present so I'm relying on ModelView.Robert.

Guest glidernut

Yes tha works, thats got it.But how can you do that? I meen remap a mip?I can only remap the models bite-mab coordinets. What exactly did you do?Houw did you do that? You keep on doing things that carnt be dun. I am only vagly awhir that you bild your models by manipulating numbersin an e file, whitch is a mirical in its self, but then presoomably you also ues the bite-mab coordinets ie, (PART_MAPPINGS) in the e file, geeesus crist!But in this case you hav only edited the mip, How?Is it posibl to convert a mip to sum other format, other than takeing asnap-shot of it while its beeing displaed in FixMip?glidernut.

Hi Glidernut,nice new AI :-) with german text - must be since Ansgar release of models.res. I am just building a new tool to edit the AI definitions (the 80 items of 20 bytes each) and also the text part. This part can't be handled by ResViewer :-wave agtimhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/146082.jpg

Guest glidernut

Hi agtim,No agtim, its not an AI aircraft, I dont hav an AI Vigilant.What you see in the snap-shot is the one and only flyabl Vigilant.I dont know why the text is in German.I only took that snap-shot of it so that I could study it and try and work out what it says, bicous I carnt read German. Thats how the snap-shot cum to be on my desktop, just wateing for me tomake a mistake by uplowding the rong snap-shot to avsim.But it terns out that I did not hav to translate it from German to English.All I had to do was look at my English stemme, bicos the stemme was thebace res of the Vigilant.How it cum to be in German, I dont know, I must hav got it mixt up sum how.I found that text file stored in the flyabl stemme.res but as you say,its not editabl.I look forwerd to your new tool, I like the tree vew stile of yourprograms.perhaps I will do an AI vershion. glidernut.

Guest R_Driscoll

Hee hee, I can't tell you all my secrets or you'll realise how easy it is. There's no way I'm going to let you know that you guessed correctly. I simply took a snapshot of the MIP while it was being displayed in FixMip, converted it to a GIF, then remapped it for Seattle. Actually it was a bit more difficult because I had to change colour intensities a little or too many areas became transparent.The MIP converter in FixMip doesn't work well with transparency, so it was easier to do it this way.But I'm not going to let you know that, because then you might realise you're smarter than me. And that wouldn't do. So hee hee.Robert.

Guest glidernut

Robert.Im a bit disapointed that you will not shair your secret of simply takeinga snapshot of the MIP while it was being displayed in FixMip, and your refusalto divalge that a slight colour intensit change was nesesery to inshoower thatonly parts of the weels was transparent.And I always thort of you as a frend.glidernut.:-spacecraft

Guest fu3

Durn, Rob!That's how I got all the original FU3 mips to do the trees, FBOs etc.Now the secret's out, I expect a wave of remipped stuff :-rollHopefully ;)PS I'm baaaaack!PPS There's no GA in China - or none that I could find. Considering it costs AUD$40 to fly 600km with an airline, why bother? Didn't see any flight sims in the shops either - but then I didn't find any computer stores...I asked this woman but she didn't know what I meant :-lolhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/146263.jpg:-waveRegards,Jon PointGlide Distance: About 50% of the runway length when you hit a 20kt headgust on flare...

Guest R_Driscoll

Glidernut, that's blackmail!!! OK, sorry, sorry, I'll tell you the secret.But first, welcome back Jon, now things will start to get moving again.Coincidentally I met this same lady on my last trip to China and asked her about flight sims, and she took me to this back alley derelict shop at midnight on a moonless night, where I was introduced to a 'contact' who arranged a meeting with a frontman who took me to a secluded back alley where I met a representative of an inside man who took me to this dark laneway where I met him and he gave me a secret Beijing address of an MSFS salesman. I told him I wasn't interested in MSFS and left.Thanks again for that excellent truck! Its been a pleasure to park.I think I've fallen in love with the cotswolds, and I've been trying to make a little scenery set around Fretherne - a small area to do in more detail. I'll try and show some pics soon, but I think I've made the shortest landing field in the British Isles (I've taken an old paddock and added some stuff to it). Makes LCA look like a piece of cake. Its a bit like the Clare's Valley idea. Bet you didn't know they had wind generators there. The locals don't know either. I hope to make some canal boats to brighten up the area.Cheers all!Robert.