Sign in to follow this  
Hans_Petter

New buildings

Robert and I have been working on some new buildings and I just noticed that they had reached the library. However, there's been a mistake and the SanFran palette day versions are missing. As it stands you'll find night versions (same for all regions), Seattle versions and SanFran night versions. In other words, one set of night versions too many and no SanFran day version :-(There will be more buildings soon and I intend to make versions for both palettes including a night version of each building. What I'm hoping for is a renewed interest in creating packages -- building packages that is. As the readme states, even though airports are "taken" we can always add buildings around the airports or to any other area in any region. Maybe even Looking Glass' downtown Seattle or San Francisco could use some new buildings? A building package will not affect the icon limit and will not mess with existing packages provided you don't place buildings on top of somebody else's buildings. Further, by making night versions of all buildings we may create a more interesting night environment. I intend to make nighlit versions of any buildings that I've created in the past as well.Anyway, this latest upload should be fixed soon and you'll get the missing SanFran day versions :-)

Guest R_Driscoll

Sorry Hans, my fault, when I rebuilt the package I copied the wrong directory. I'm from Tasmania.But yes, for me making the models is hard work, and although I'm not expert in it, package building is quick and easy by comparison, at least the model-placing part of it (making taxiways etc is much harder). What I'm saying is that FLED makes it very simple to create new packages or modify existing ones, very quickly. So get out there and make/modify! I've lost track of how many models have now been made - we've got blue police boxes, enough electrical equipment (pylons etc) to run a national grid, cars, vans, buildings, trucks, trees, boats, railways, buildings, warehouses, buildings ... And if you need a specific model, just let me know (and I'll call Jon).This package as usual is a team effort, and I think it shows again in the superb textures that Hans creates. I won't reveal any of his secrets, but he actually wanders around cities with his digital camera taking photos of interesting windows, doors, bricks etc. Amazing. I seem to remember Glidernut doing something like that too, and Cristian Arrezini actually flew to England to get me some shots for Stansted. You guys are incredible.I hope we can get some new modelsets out soon, and that you keep enjoying old FU3!Robert.

Guest R_Driscoll

I threw together this little demo package which uses some new, some old models (including some from the previous "village" series uploaded when we were developing LCA), and a few unreleased models as well. Part of the scenery is around a canal system, so there are bridges and canal boats to look for.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/147503.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/147504.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/147505.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/147506.jpg