Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

Flt Unl2 Sulu and Plane Editing

Guest juvat2

Firstly: That sulu "easter egg" always get's a chuckle out of me.Looking at the fbo keyboard peaked my curiousity. Before the fokker addition, there were 3 open key hooks. Following the fokker add, there were 2 hooks left open. Does this mean "out-of-the-box" Flt2 came expandable for 3 total aircraft only?As a test, I copied and edited the fokker.res. Here's a screeny as the "new" fokker appears in Flt2 Santa Rosa(fkkrBL). Oh boy that model needs re-mapped. What I could not figure out is where in the plnpile is the "ignition key" texture. Any of you all know? It needs editing.I edited File 66 to rename plane, file 29 to edit the silly pilot head(it also changed the horizontal stab and gear "thingy?", file 35 to edit the fuselage. All rough stuff just to observe.The ignition key board now only has 1 open hook. I wonder if adding 2 more "new" fokkers; the keyboard just keeps squeezing space for more keys?JimBhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/147650.jpg

Hi Jim,I remember having seen the key one day ... after searches I found it :-)they are visible in the FU3 planes !for the Fokker it is file 133 with 6 items as 6 bitmaps.FU2 has a different file format and Gideon has tuned his tool for FU3.Thats why you can't see the bitmaps of fu2 planes.the cockpit views - file 78 to 117 are displayed as hex dataand I estimate the key in file 135 with 4 items of 56k for 4 keys.this hex code must be the key bitmaps.For the 8 hooks see engpilerkeyrack.res but I estimate FU2 can just have a maximum of 8 planes :-( but be happy FU3 can more :-)modify the code of file 135 inside the repeating code and look if the key has changed - or try to convert the code to a bitmap manualy.good luck :-wave agtim

Guest juvat2

Hi,Do you know of any plug-ins for psp7 or 9 that can convert hex to bmp(or any graphic format)?I do have a couple of hex editors installed, but I only use these to "poke" around "exe's" for string values.Am google searching to see if there's a hex to bmp type tool. Or maybe I could extract the fokker flt3 keys to bmp's,edit the bit maps, then try and convert to hex for import into Flt2?JimB

Hi, best is to poke with the hex editor inside the bitmap lines.Bitmaps are represented by lines and you can see this structure a bit.So just poke around and see if key are modified or compare the hex data with the FU3 key bitmap.I don't have conversion program for this. I am using hexeditor in such case look at the repeating data blocks , try to define row length then copy/insert the bitmap or targa header with a palette and then hope to see it in a graphic tool :-)mostly 1 byte is one pixel in 256 color mode, the repeating pattern is a dittered area. the value of the byte is the color number of the palette.good luck :-wave agtim