Sign in to follow this  
agtim

Construction log of a new MODELS.RES

Agtim, you're presenting beautiful AI aircraft but it's very hard to focus on the AI with this scenery backdrop :-) I'm looking forward to the new Switzerland and I hope we can start acquiring it soon. I realize this will go on and on but how about starting with a "base package" and add new megatiles as they get finished?You mentioned another polygon limit, "Polygons/Size limit of AI model 145000/2088 Polys... A size of 145540 with 2183 polys will crash FU3 at model draw time". A very basic question here, why do we have polygon limits? Logically, lots of polygons will take longer to load/draw but why does a program crash when one exceeds a certain limit? I mean, sluggish performance would be expected when things get excessive but I'm curious why the sim crashes at a certain limit, no matter what processor you use to run it. A crash, as opposed to sluggish performance means a calculation error or unresolvable conflict. Have the designers set upper limits and if so, why?Hans Petter

Hi Hans,LG designer have reserved an amount of buffer space for the 3D tables and not checked it for buffer overrun so FU3 crash reaching this limit.The limits are a reasonable one for 1997 :-)We don't have the code, so it's not possible to fix this.There are no more megatiles to build, but a lot on region settings, organisation and airports. One of this is the new models.resworking on aiplan.txt also. :-wave agtim

Guest CaptRolo

Agtim; you are amazing ,Mods look excellent .Many thanks for your hard work on keeping this sim alive and exciting . I have also noticed that not many heavys are landing .CaptRolo