Sign in to follow this  
Chesney

Air Cadet Vigilant

I tried posting this with pictures incorporated (twice), then with pictures attached. Nothing appeared. So this time I am trying without pictures. Everything appears to go normally right up to hitting the "post" button, and as far as I can tell everything is ok. Anyone got any ideas?"A while back we had a preview of Glidernut's new aircraft with the patented Glidernut door opening system. The whole project started when I said it would be great to have a flyable Air Cadet Vigilant (a modified Grob G109B motor glider) to fly at Chivenor, where there is an Air Cadet Squadron using them. Glidernut contacted me and offered to do the external 3D models and the F4 virtual cockpit views if I did the F2/F3 views. Naturally with him doing the hard stuff I jumped at it. To whet your appetites the attached pictures show progress to date. The model is flying well and looks good - especially the F5 views. I think Glidernut is doing a fantastic job! Hopefully there is not much left to do, just refining some of the instruments and a few odds and ends."Ches

Hi Ches,nice to hear about this activities :-)may be your pictures was just too large,convert the FU3 bitmap to jpg and use not more than 800x600, max size 150k total as far I remember. My pictures are from my own host, so there are no limits in size and time ;-)currently have a Mirage III RS on work. :-wave agtim

Guest glidernut

Hi Ches, and all,Agtim,A Mirage III RS on work, oooooow, that sounds good. ----------------Yes the Vigilant.res has been going back and forth bitween us like a ping-pong ball.Ches and I hav been as bisy as bees for over 6 munths now, thats how much work thair is in bilding a new aircraft.Its allmost finished.Ches is being a bit modest about his involvent, he not only did the F2/F3 views, he alsowent to Chivenor airfeald to get sum snaps of the Vigilant for us to work on, and he put a few things right in the flight hphisics too.The vigilant is cuming soon.Ches,As for not being able to post snaps, Iv no idea, try agen slowly and be shoower totik all the right boxes.Perhaps it will work if you atach your snaps to a reply, as aopsed to starting a new thed at the same time?glidernut.

I think you have got at least part of the answer, Agtim. I set the five pictures to 640 X 480 and optimised them as jpeg's to about 30 Kbytes each, so the total was probably over 150Kbytes. I thought the limit applied to each individual picture, not the total. (I also think of poor people like me who are still on dial-up!) So as a trial, I posted as an answer three of the original pictures to supplement Glidernut's. And got a long winded gobbledook error message:- (Following query failed: SELECT m.*, u.id as u_id, u.g_id, u.pa, u.pb, u.pc, u.pk, u.ua, u.ub, u.uc, u.ug, u.uj, u.username as author, u.num_posts, u.num_votes, u.points, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(m.last_date) as last_date, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(m.mesg_date) as mesg_date, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(m.edit_date) as edit_date, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(u.reg_date) as reg_date FROM 130_mesg as m LEFT JOIN dcuser as u ON m.author_id = u.id WHERE m.id = ). So, I converted One picture to 800 X 600 and optimised to about 40 Kbytes. And got the same.So no pictures from me. Seems I'm limited to text only.I look forward to seeing the Mirage. And I'd love to fly it over Switzerland!Ches

I was under the impression that the limit is 125K per picture.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Ches,600x450 is as big as I hav ever managed to uplowed in jpg format.any individual snap-shot biger than that runs the risk of notshowing.Agtim can uplowed biger snaps than the rest of us bicous he has his owne host.I never knew you was without brord band!You never sed!You seem to hav coped ok with the Vigilant.res going back and forth.Hav you got my last one with the lights working?I sent it on Tuesdy.glidernut.

Hi allSorry Glidernut. I tried with a jpg sized to 512 X 384 and optimised to 40 Kbytes, and got the identical error message. I really can't understand it. Avsim uploads the file and gives it a number, but then crashes when I hit the post button.And yes, e-mail received ok. Response coming soon.Ches

Guest CaptRolo

HI all ; Just ckecking in , Looks like some of you are busy still improving this great sim . Thanks .Capt Rolo

Guest R_Driscoll

They look beautiful! I love the new cockpit - it looks superb, and the decals on the glider, and the transparent cockpit on the Mirage. Excellent work. RObert.