Sign in to follow this  
Guest VFR_Steve

Military?

Guest VFR_Steve

Hi guys,Just a quick question, are there any military jets modelled for FU3?My apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere.Steve

Guest R_Driscoll

Military transport: - C47 (DC3)Military prop: - Fokker E3 monoplane- Fokker triplane (Red Baron)- P51D Mustang- Lake Seawolf 300 turbo (repaint of Renegade)Military jet:- SR71 Blackbird (modelled in last variant up to 3x speed of sound)Military boat:- Torpedo boat ("flyable")I haven't kept all of the old planes. I think there were two Sukhoi's at one stage, one was an acrobatics plane, was the other a jet? Agtim has modelled literally dozens of military planes as AI's and static objects. Many of them are jets. These models could be converted to flyables but you'd have to add cockpits.Jets are not the most suited (IMHO) to FU3 - they are high performance craft whereas FU3 was based around high realism in small areas. Still, FU3 models the complete troposphere pretty well so you could certainly fly them, just don't mention them to Chris - he will only want to know how slow they go! Robert.

Guest Allan_D

Steve,The SR71,It's a lot of fun to fly. A picture at FL1000 over Frisco bayhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/150614.jpgIt'll make the flight in about 20 minute from Seattle to San Fran.Or you can fly it kinda low and slow so you can land it on one of our Aircraft carriershttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/150615.jpgHave Fun :-vuurAllan BFU Job Manager and Co-Moderatorand PuppyBush Flying Unlimitedhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Guest Motormouse

>Steve,>The SR71,It's a lot of fun to fly. A picture at FL1000 over>Frisco bay>>>Or you can fly it kinda low and slow so you can land it on one>of our Aircraft carriers>>>>Have Fun :-vuur>Allan Oh yes, and those aircraft carriers moveunlike a certain 'other' sim!:-wavePete

Guest VFR_Steve

Sorry its taken me 10 years to reply. Thanks for the aircraft info although I think I've got most of them... and ahh yes I have heard about Chris's flying style before now, I'm sure he would be the man for the just above stall flypass at airshows. Chris you actually sent me another message about fled but it didnt let me open it so I tried refreshing and it dissappeared, thats msn for you :(Cheers,Steve

Steve,I must have deleted the messages that I sent to you, so I have no idea what information I was intending to provide :-(Did you sort out how to build a simple taxigraph in FLED ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest VFR_Steve

Unfortunately time has been against me recently but hopefully I'll have a chance to mess about with it under your much appreciated step by step instructions soon.Thanks for all your help,Steve