Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zero Gravitas

FU3 Crashing

Guest Zero Gravitas

Hi there.I've been playing the FU series since the original, but just recently bought FU3. It worked like a charm, but I accidentally left the game running when I left for work yesterday. When I came back, the computer was frozen, and now FU3 always crashes immediately. I've tried removing and re-installing it (twice!) but to no avail. Is there anybody here who can help me?FWIW, I'm running it on a recent computer, using XP, and it's the Sold-Out Software version of the game.

Have you tried System Restore ? If you restore your PC to a date prior to the date on which the problem occurred, any system files that might have become corrupted would be replaced with earlier (working) versions.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Zero Gravitas

Yeah, I've tried that, but it didn't work. Very Mysterious.

When you uninstalled the game, did you remember to remove the FLIGHT3 folder before reinstalling ? Perhaps it might be worth installing the game to a folder with a slightly different designation, like FLIGHT2 ? Uninstalling and reinstalling software is a notoriously unpredictable task, since Windows quite often doesn't remove ALL of the various "bits and pieces" that are added to the registry. If you try installing to a folder called "FLIGHT2", it would force the installer to ignore any residual traces of the previous installation, thereby eliminating any potential conflicts.It's worth a shot, although I could just as easily be talking complete b******s :-)Chris Low.PS. If this works, then I suppose that you could always rename the "FLIGHT2" folder to "FLIGHT3" when you know that everything is working properly.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Zero Gravitas

I went and tried what you suggested, but it didn't seem to make any difference. Thanks a bunch for the help, though.Now that Looking Glass is no more, is there anybody providing tech support for their products?

You can try this: ( flt3.cfg may be invalid)there is a config file in the flight3 main folder named flt3.cfgmove this file to your desktop and restart the game without it.FU3 will create a new secure one. :-wave agtim

Guest CaptRolo

TRY this; Restore to atime before you installed FU3 , do a search for FU3 file and folders .delete any you find .Run disk cleanup ,run defragg,If you had FU2 on your machine see if it works now with previous ver .How much stuff is on your C:drive??What sound device is installed ? Check device manager for problems .Did you leave your computer on the internet unprotected??CaptRolo

before to change or instal a lot try to runFLED.EXE from the FU3 folder. FLED will show error message at start that can help to locate the error or it even will repair it.After running FLED the flt3.cfg file is reset to a default airport.good luck :-wave agtim