Sign in to follow this  
Guest jasonw56k

Expiration Patch for FSS v0.8

Guest jasonw56k

After playing a lot of non flight sim games I recently started to play FU3 again. Then I remembered Flight Support System (FSS) which I used to love. Unfortunately I see that development has stopped. Does anyone know why?Anyway, it became a chore to reset my system clock back 2 years every time I wanted to play FSS, so I've made a small patch that disables the expiry check. Basically it's just a decoded version of the script that has the expiry check commented out. Just rename it system.js and replace the old one in your fssclient folder.If it's inappropriate, I'll remove it immediately. I just thought it might be useful for someone else.On the other hand, some of the airports in FSS don't seem to exist in FU3. Like Frank's Farm, Yoosun etc. So I don't know how to fly there. There seems to be no mention of this in the FSS readme though. Can anyone tell me how this works? Thanks.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/151196.txt

The airfields that you mention (Frank's Farm and Yoosun) are two of the "extra airports" that LGS included in FU3. You need to add the statement "extra_airports" (without the quotes) in the flt3.cfg file, and then the extra airport icons will appear on the Seattle map.They are only simple airfields (more a bit of fun than anything else). I don't use them, but I am aware that others do.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jasonw56k

Oh I see, thanks a lot.

Guest juvat2

Hi,I always liked Fss. Thank you for the tip. I get a "not able to locate flight unlimited 3 on your system" when I execute fss.hta in my challenges folder. Couple of years ago I'd figured a way to point Fss to my flight3 install, but now my memory fails me. Any one have any tips for this? My current install path's:E:Program FilesFlight3E:Program FilesFlight3REGIONSSEATTLEchalngesfssclientJimB

I assume that you're starting the program by means of the desktop shortcut. If so, you may right-click on the shortcut icon and check the path. Based on the information you provided the properties should show the following path:"E:Program FilesFlight3REGIONSSEATTLEchalngesfssclientFSS.hta"Hans Petter