Sign in to follow this  
Guest kylewoody

Terrain detail

Guest kylewoody

Hey guys,I've been playing FU3 off and on for about 4 years now. Anywho, I recently installed it on my 'puter, but for some reason the ground detail is not as it should be. It should be like 3M/pixel, and it is in the middle of the scenery (Seatac, Bremerton, etc.) but outside of it, such as Sanderson and Olympia, it is blurry and unfocused at about 6M/pixel.Does anyone know why it's doing this? I've had it installed about a year ago, on the same PC, same Windows install, patched with the FU3patch.exe - exactly the same. But this time, it has the scenery problem.Thanks!Kyle

Kyle,I would suggest that you uninstall FU3, and try installing it again. I'm pretty sure that FU3 has several "levels" of texture resolution, so maybe the highest resolution texture files for the areas that you mention have somehow become corrupted, or have failed to install properly ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hello.This is a Screenshot of 3M/pixel,, not a good picture, but what I current have on my computer.Take care.Lars Peter.

Hello,FU3 is using 4m/pixel. Look at the folder...Flight3/cdrom/seattle/maps/you must have 100 files of the type I0aaaa.cpdthis is the texture for Level 0there are I1aa.. and I2aa... there also for the Level 1 and 2the other levels 3 to 7 are .bin files (uncopressed) located at... Flight3/region/seattle/maps/and look at the region.cfg file to have the level set correctlyreg_cd_levels 2the location of the compressed Texture is in the path reg_cd_pathit kann be CD ROM or Harddiskgood luck :-wave agtim