Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Where is Jon Point ?

Does anyone know if Jon Point is enjoying an extended vacation on the International Space Station ? I have been trying to contact him for the past two months without success.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Seadog

A search of the forum shows Jon's last outbound message was 2nd of May, more than 90 days ago. He'd been to China, reported in from there, and returned home safely. After the China trip he communicated as normal. I tried searching Sydney newspapers, but found little ability to access the grim data that I had feared might be the reason for his sudden silent absence.I want to believe he's just on an incredibly prolonged Glideslope: A meter or so short of far longer than anyone reasonably might have hoped for.Perhaps Rob might have a contact telephone number to check?-Seadog

Quote: "Perhaps Rob might have a contact telephone number to check?"Which begs the question, where is Rob? We have quite a few new buildings up our sleeves. I will upload the ones that are finished soon but first I want to make them all available in both palette versions. Aussies, we have come to depend on you :-)Hans Petter

Hi guys,Jon's phone number can be found at whitepages.com.au. Search under residental, state is NSWCheers,Bruce

Guest effyouthree

All,Sorry for the delay, just had six million issues preventing me, FU3 and this forum from connecting.To cut a long story short:*I've been everywhere...*Telco issues at home (but working again - for now. Never expect a telco to be able to do anything in less than 3 months...).*Always use 2 HDs. I was but I'd filled one up so the mirroring was disabled :-grr*Always use 2 HDs of the same size.*Net thru work is highly 'secure' (i.e. hardly ever works outside the office, cuts off halfway through online replies etc).*3 teenagers all deciding to go off the rails at once and demanding lots of attention 24/7.... and another 5,999,996 others :-rollAnd I've hardly touched any 'personal' projects since the "Great amplifier build-off of 2006"! One thing I have decided though (and I've said this before, so ignore this if you know me) is that I really do want to fly more and tinker less. Whilst away recently, I was able to access MSFS :-badteeth and fly it. Without starting a war, the flight models were lame BUT the scenery was nice in places (the owner had installed some terrain and scenery packages) and the ability to fly locally was real nice. Try as I might, I just can't get around to moving to WA, CA, CH or the UK so my options to fly near my home are limited :-lolSo, (ducking from impending virtual missiles) I got a copy for AUD$40 with an OZ terrain scenery thrown in. Not saying I've used it much but, having no idea how (or why right now) I would create anything, I am much happier with the friendly skies of FU3 ;-) I simply cannot get over the difference in feel. MSFS has an unpredictability to it, so does FU3 (I'm talking about how the aircraft interacts with the air). Problem is, for the most part, the unpredictability in MSFS is random. In FU3, there is an 'airyness' about it. Sometimes it's slow, sometimes violent, but always against a cushion of air. Mind you, I'm trying to compare aircraft between different sims under different conditions and there certainly are some bizarre aircraft characteristics :-roll I won't start a war about it but some are quite weird and impart no real sense of 'lift'. According to the masses, I should purchase some payware planes but not now, Maria...Anyway, I'm at least a few days a week and I'll play it by ear for now ;) The best email for reaching me these days is jonathanpointgmailcom as I can get it anywhere (so it seems).PS I lost my emails through a hardware problem but the Optus one seems to be working again as well. I have trouble accessing it from some places. Regards,Jon Point

Thank God you're back. Some of us were starting to worry ! ;-)I am assuming that you haven't received any of my e-mails, so I will send you another one to the address that you have given above.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest effyouthree

Believe me, I too was worried :-rollYes, please resend anything I may have missed. I looked at your website and it's cool - but where's the plethora of gratuitous FU3 screenshots? :-lolRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Jon,That website is going to get a complete overhaul, because it just isn't working. Actually, it's my dad who created it, but it was his first ever attempt. He has been doing a lot of research since :-)I want to add some stuff about FU3, including a review that never made it into an issue of PC Pilot. In addition, I would like to be able to add some download links for several FU3 addons (specifically, those ones that I use). I would very much like to include one or two of your planes in this list, so perhaps we could discuss this via e-mail ?Chris Low.PS. I have plenty of screenshots that I can add, including "before" and "after" shots of the AI planes and updated airfields.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest effyouthree

Well, it's not bad for a first attempt anyhoo!You're welcome to use and any of my things, whether aircraft or models. Of course, I don't mind a bit of credit here and there but it's no big deal. I still can't believe how much stuff I churned out there for a while!To be honest, I am looking for a way of organising all my stuff, just to keep track of it myself! With the combination of an HD problem and no 'net for a while, I was getting paranoid. It turns out that I didn't lose much, thanks to backups. What I did lose was my modelsjunk folder, which had all my old flight models, cockpit scripts and hex files in it. This is a downright pain 'coz if I wanted to edit the flight model of ANY aircraft I've created, I can't. Simple. Locked in, well, solid data. Durn, durn, durn... Every other file is re-exportable, but not the flight model :-(Oh well, glad I don't need it for an oncome ;-)Looking forward to the new site. If you need any plane/model info, just email me :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Jon,You don't think that I would add a download link without crediting the author do you ? :-eekActually, I have other stuff that I would like to provide links for, including TV style replays of 5 lap races in GT Legends. Well, it's better than watching F1 on the box ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png