Sign in to follow this  
Guest Seadog

He who's lost is found

I haven't got the prettier cows. Even though they must be quite polygon-intensive I'd like to see a few of those rather than the old ones. Could someone please upload prettier cows (or, horses)? The Oz variety as well as the Switzerland variety look fine. I prefer static cows. That is, as long as we can't get the kind that is truly moving about I think it's better to leave them standing in a field. The ones sliding around on stiff legs don't appeal to me :-)A moving vehicle, on the other hand, looks way more realistic.Hans Petter

Guest effyouthree

H-P,The hereford's in the zipfile attached in post #11 with the Modelview image in it ;-)Oh, there's a sheep as well...And, I 'd like those hi-rez cows and horses too, Andre! What's the polygon count?Regards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

The Poly count is high between 1000 and 1200 for each animal !try to post a zip here, but too large Can't upload to library, it's not my productionsend me a mail subject "FU3 Cows Horses" to get itjust back from a UK elevation test flght :-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/155272.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/155274.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/155275.jpg :-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

I'm trying to find a method to upload a new model database at the moment - I'm having some problems with the website at the moment. But the new UKS database includes all of the sheep, cows, horses etc. My apologies agtim, I'd forgotten I got those animals from you, but Jon has also made so many excellent critturs over the years.I had a computer crash sometime ago and lost those beautiful blue cranes at London City Airport. They were based on the real cranes that trundle up and down near the ExCeL building. Did I happen to send a copy to anyone? I would love to recover them (otherwise I would have to rebuild them from scratch). I hate going backwards!Robd323.

Guest effyouthree

Andre,I've lost your email address (again...). Please send an email to:jonathanpointgmailcomso I can get it. Wow! 2000 polys? I'm sure I could do something really good with ~150 (my cows are ~70) ;-) Rob,Didn't give 'em to me, did you? Just a thought.How big is the database? I have an idea, that's kinda like FTP but easier. Basically, users send a blank email to an email address (with a specific subject) and Voila! (shazzam, bingo, eureka etc.), one return email, with attachment. The limit seems to be ~50Megs/message, but I have about 2Gb at my disposal, so things could be done in parts.Just an idea :-rollRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Ok for those without my email here it is:ameystreagtimchdo not forget the subject "FU3" important for my filter.and yes there are a lot of polys, it's a direct conversion from bgl files. I don't have 3ds files just e, can ad it to the zip. :-wave agtim