Sign in to follow this  
Guest effyouthree

Aircraft from the dusty hangar...

Jon, 54 trees? Yes, I can understand that could drag out a bit after a while. And I can understand the frustrations with trying to get models to compile :-roll But it must be compensated for by the feeling of acomplishment (did I spell that wright?) when your new whatever takes to the air for the first time.I guess scenery is a bit similar... when you fly over a newly created area, and get a birds-eye view for the first time, you do get a buzz.Still think I'd like to try some modelling when I get a break in the traffic. I have in mind maybe a Rockwell Commander 114TC? Any interest out there? Bearing in mind your advice above tho, it does have retractable gear.. so, I guess it depends...And I understand the Concorde actually stretched in length by about 30cm during flight on account of the heat stresses. Too bad if the 30cm happened to be where your seat attachment was. :( CheersBruce H

Guest CaptRolo

Jon;I think this is a wonderful bird , Would like to be included in flight testing CaptRolo

Guest fu3

Captain,No problem ;-)The BSP 'friggly' issue is a strange one. Sometimes there are real errors, sometimes not. For example, and this should be embarassing but when working on the B17's gear last night, it compiled straight off! Surprising as this was, I went back to it after posting the shots (somewhere else) and discovered to my horror that the left gear was attached to the left flap :-lol... and it compiled first go :-rollAfter fixing some part names*, it took 6 more attempts to get it to compile OK. In the attempts, I moved cutting planes^ or the gear itself by small amounts until voila** - it worked.* To avoid confusing BSP.exe, avoid duplicating the first 2 letters of ANY parts! With complex models, this can be murder, and results in totally illogical part names :-(^ Mysterious things applied out of desperation, to make models compile. The birds are vaguely life-sized, and have tiny motors. They are based on my L-13 glider, which is technically non-powered (download it and read the enclosed files for more info), so the birds just glide. Being super light (a pound or 2), they glide quite well. Just hit and dive back down ;-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/157243.jpgIt should be possible to model a high-torque, low power motor with a huge prop but I didn't bother. These are the things we do when we're frustrated with BSP :-lolI can email them if you'd like :-waveRegards,Jon PointGlide Distance: About 50% of the runway length when you hit a 20kt headgust on flare...

Guest Staggerwing

Jon,Photos are on their way to you now.. :-)