Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcomm

I am trying to install FU95 in WinXP Pro SP2.... Help!

Guest jcomm

When I start the setup.exe I get an error (in german... don't understand very well what it means...), attached image file...Anyone can help?

Hi,The error message is telling you that flight95 can't run with Windows_NT. For old Win95 programs all above win98 is win_nt ;-)You must instal manualy:Create a main folder: C:fu95create subfolder C:fu95datacopy all files from cdrom CD:CDROM to the data subfoldernow you have there the subfolder CATS, GENPILE, GERPILEcopy from the CD:HD folder GENPILE, GERPILE, RECORD to C:fu95now you have there DATA,GENPILE, GERPILE, RECORD create there a subfolder LOGS alsoCopy from the CD:instreadme.txt, wing.txt to C:fu95Copy from the CD:CDROM flight.exe (2059KB) to C:fu95create in C:fu95 a file FLITE.CFGopen it with notepad editor and insert the lines: (the first is real 1)real 1inp6d -1language 2pile_path C:fu95datagenpilelang_path C:fu95datagerpilecat_path C:fu95datacatsjoystick 2joythrusthat 383 383 383 383joycenter 116 135 127 363joyrange -128 383 -128 383 -105 383 -128 383fbo_movie_played 0logfile 0adapt the 3 paths to your installation path !now double click flight.exefill in the pilot logbookselect the rotating planeclick in the explanation screenthen click to select flight positionreturn to FBO with esc key and set joystick, screen, sound...enjoy it :-) it runs never so smooth before ! :-wave agtim

Guest jcomm

agtim,thank you so much! You don't know how I miss FU1. I bought the english DOS version the day it became available here in Portugal, in 1994 if I'm not wrong... In 1996 during a trip to Germany/Berlin I found the fu95 version at a store and didn't hesitate buying it. Enjoyed it for quite a looong time, then started MSFS, Xplane, Propilot, PS1, ELITE, ... BUT! my humble oppinion is that I was never able to find the FM characteristics and the sensation of being there like in the FU series, with FU1 exceeding in terms of FM!I bought FSX, and am glad with it although I am sure a patch will be required to fix most of the issues, but the more I use other sims the more I miss FU!!!

Hi j.c.monteiro,Glad to help you :-)I start using the FU series in 1995, the DOS version, got the Win95 version last year from ebay and use it with WinXP_SP2.I have tried the FSX Demo, but stay to FU1, FU2 and FU3 with our enhancements from AVSIM library and building region of my own. It's even possible to generate a new tile for FU1, but still an unfinished project :-)recently I found real pictures of the Sugarloaf Airfield (FAA code B21)https://creports.capnhq.gov/afphotos/AFF/ME/B21_e.jpg :-wave agtim

Guest jcomm

Oops!Just one more thing...I have a CH Flightstick Pro (Gameport), Saitek x52 (USB), CH Propedals (USB), and none is being detected by FU95 :-(Any hint?

Is your gameport activated, do you have a Soundcard with the old style Gameport ? I am using Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro with Gameport.

Guest jcomm

>Is your gameport activated, do you have a Soundcard with the>old style Gameport ?Yep! My FlightstickPro works perfectly with other sims...

How are the settings in FU1you can select between 2 joysticks and calibrate there USB joystick will not work with FU1after FU1 start in the FBO kex ESC to reach settings

Guest jcomm

Well,my old Thrustmaster RCS Gameport pedals are no longer functional. That's why I migrated to CH Propedals USB...I still have my CH Flightstick Pro Gameport, so, I might try with it, and rudder inputs through the keyboard...Thanks for your support!