Sign in to follow this  
Guest dastre

flight unlimited 3 error

Guest dastre

i have just bought flight unlimited 3.when i install it and it tells me to put in disk 2 it wont accept it it takes disk 3 instead.and then it asks me to put install disk back in and then it wont accept that.however i dowloaded it somehow but when i go to play it tells me it has formed an illegal operation and has to shut dow.what is the problem?

Guest fu3

Did you sort this out? It sounds like a major issue with your PC. That is, unless you're installing on XP, then I don't have a clue :-rollA number of people have trouble with XP installs but it always works out in the end ;-)If you are still having problems, please post details of your hardware and OS, so others can help to determine your problem. The last thing we want is someone having problems with FU3!Also, be careful about disc numbering! The "installation disc" is the installation disc. "disc 1" is 'scenery disc 1' or, as some people call it 'disc 2'. For some reason, people have been having trouble with this for 8 years :-lolYou CAN just copy the data from the CDs to your HD, but the directories must be setup properly. If you search the FU3 forums for 'installation problems', I think someone described a manually-copied installation.Regards,Jon Point

Thank you, Jon. Your suggestion to "search" the forums allowed me to look back at a few old threads. I particularly enjoyed basking in the glow coming from all of the positive comments about our SanFran 2006 upgrade pack ;-)In fact, this has made me want to boot up FU3, and go flying again (that comet project is taking up FAR too much of my time at the moment). It would be great if I could test fly the Saab 340 at the same time :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest fu3

Chris,OK, you've twisted my arm enough :-lol I'll send you a copy of it but be warned - the cockpit is not finished! I think with a little input from a few people, we could finish it pretty fast ;-)To be honest, I've resurrected much of it OK (from my HD problems) but I've lost 50% of Pillar Point and all those lovely marinas and yacht clubs :-( I still have the uploads and some build files - but I don't have the build files for the uploaded stuff :-grrSame goes for the sailboats :-grr :-grrRegards,Jon Point

Jon,Didn't you release the full Pillar Point package ? If so, then I feel your pain. I am well aware of the frustration caused when lots of hard work in FLED just vanishes from the face of the Earth :( Chris Low.PS. Did you manage to get in touch with Ansgar ?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest fu3

Chris,Yes, it's really disappointing :-( All I have are the screenshots, which I could use to get placement sorta right, but the sheer volume of 3 packages worth of models (about 1200) is just too much to attempt right now. I know how you must have felt (many times) when you had 'issues' with FLED. I was always fortunate - my crashes limited damage to what I'd just put down and, as most placements over the last year were just trials for the '2006' packages, I'd only lose a few models. Carquinez was a royal pain, 'coz it sat over a tile junction and , every now and then I'd accidentally select the wrong part of the bridge and WHAM ... Hence why I wrote down the exact positions, and suggested to others just to use the package :-rollMy worst-ever FLED crash was in the early days, when I did Clare's Valley. I must have been working for hours, saving every few minutes :-roll and being careful not to drag things too much :-roll :-roll when the dreaded BSOD appeared. Upon restart, Fled just crashed if the package was selected :-(And no luck with Ansgar yet, either but I have street address so I'll try that :-waveRegards,Jon Point

Jon,When you are working on scenery packages in FLED, it's a good idea to make each successive save a different (temporary) folder. For example, your first save of Clare's Valley would be "Clare's Valley A", followed by "Clare's Valley B, Clare's Valley C.....", and so on. I found that this was the best way to avoid any problems with corrupt files. If the latest save has corrupted files, then the one before that is probably "clean". You would lose your very latest work, but not EVERYTHING !Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png