Sign in to follow this  
Guest fu3

New Seattle elevation

Guest fu3

Dear All,Has anyone else started flattening other Seattle strips? I haven't heard from anyone but 50-odd people have downloaded my new grass and dirt strips and one needs very flat ground upon which to use them! So far, I have done:Easton StateKachess LakeKechelis LakeBumping LakeChester Morse LakeSpada Lake (Forest Falls)Big Grieder LakeHarveyBergsethLewis CreekBanderaCurrently on my list to do next are the 'lower Cascades foothills' strips Such as Swanson, Eatonville, Black Diamond etc. I am not intending to do the 'big ones' like SEA or BFI - maybe someone could do those? It's not that hard, and should be possible to flatten 1 or 2 sites in a relaxed evening ;-)Please, please - is anyone doing this? It's more jerky than I can chew alone, Tonto!If you are condsidering helping out, please post here or email me at:jonathanpointgmailcom:-waveRegards,Jon Point

Guest fu3

I forgot that I'also done Ranger Creek *:-*Regards,Jon Point

Guest Kestrel 2

I wish I could help - sounds like fun to me.Two obstacles - No time until about January.Also, I have no idea what should be done. If you think I could be instructed about how to help out, contact me here about the second week in January.

Guest fu3

Kestrel 2,Yes, I'm getting pretty booked-up at the moment too. I hope to release the Staggerwing in the next week then cool off 'till after new year.As to what to do, we need to re-flatten the Seattle airports and reset the models. Whilst sounding huge, it's possible to do a few per evening and if a few people work on it then it won't take too long.The major benefits are, like everywhere. In UKS, the new elevation has really transformed the landscape. In Seattle, the difference wasn't as obvious - until you start flying around those lovely mountains and valleys.Unfortunately, the interpolations at ground level have resulted in some terrain graduations which need fixing. Basically, you take some of Andre's (Agtim's) tools and go to work painting bits yellow!There's actually a lot more to it than that but I'll wait until you're ready. In the mean time, download and read Agtim's terrain processing info - there's an example of flattening Coupville NOLF, which you can try out (yes, LGS forgot to flatten it!!).Have a great Christmas :-waveRegards,Jon Point

Guest Kestrel 2

Thanks, JonI haven't looked in here for a while, so I'm glad to see a response. Still precious little time until January, but until then, Have a blessed Christmas, Jon.Same to everyone else on these boards.:-)