Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

FU3-UKS update

Guest R_Driscoll

The new UKS has been posted on Christian Sorensen's site:http://lundbykrat.com/FU3/FU3.htmand is a massive download (over 250 Mb). This contains the new terrain from agtim (modified slightly for bumps and classification), models database, new packages, airspace definitions, David Reeve's voices, Ansgar's models, my current config file, all sound files needed etc.But you must have a working version of FU3-UKS to start with. No terrain maps are provided. The installation is simple - I recommend1. Install FU3-UKS (not available on AVSIM).2. Backup.3. Delete packages and regionUK-southairports to make sure number of icons if within limits.3. Overwrite with downloaded files.4. Check the following: - distant mountains turned off - outer terrain contains NO AIRPORTS.5. Go fly.Suggested places to try - anywhere around Caenaevon. For a first short flight, try London City Airport to Biggin Hill.Robert.

Guest fu3

Rob,Is this release substantially different from what you sent to me recently? I downloaded it anyway and burnt it to CD, so I have a reference backup but if I don't need to load it, I'll wait until I need it ;-)Regards,Jon Point

Guest R_Driscoll

Yes, its different. It includes bugfixes from agtim and myself after a few weeks of further testing, so should be more solid. Also several areas were redone in between sending the first version to you and releasing this version. Robert.

Thanks RobertBut why distant mountains turned off ?it's working best with turned on at my installation :-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

Most computers crash with distant mountains turned on. I don't know why.

Guest fu3

Thanks, Rob ;-)I'll do a clean installation over the weekend (no gigs - yay!)PS I've sorted Forest Falls (Spada Lake) but I'll need you to re-place your moving parts 'coz I sorta lost them :-roll:-waveRegards,Jon Point

Guest Kestrel 2

Thanks for your work on this, everyone. Got it last night and looking forward to a trial run.

Greetings from Indiana!My main directory is FU3Uks. I installed it on Dec 4, 2005. Almost 1 year ago exactly. My question is... does FU3_UKS_2006 work with that installation or is there a separate new 2006 installation of FU3 UK that I must have to start with? When I extracted the files into the main directory, it created a sub directory for FU3_UKS_2006 so none of the existing files were overwritten by the updated files. My program, as it stands, weighs about 12.6 gigs. John's "read me file" indicated that the UKS maps are 13 GB plus. Makes me wonder if I need an updated version of FU3 UKS.I'm not skilled at Zip Files. Did I sent it into the wrong directory. I'm not supposed to rename my main directory, am I?Thanks a lot guys. I hope you all have a nice Christmas. I'm really anxious to get the new version working... but I'm wondering if there has been an update I am missing.3Thank you very much, Steve

Hi Steve,Your version is OK. The new version 2006 has modified packages, models and AI-flights and the new terrain mesh from NASA SRTM V2 with a best fit to lakes , shores ...Just replace with the new folder, no rename needed.Total size is more than 16GB with the northern maps.They have the same location than the update zipMove the content to the /maps folder.you will need a new version of Level57maker to see it and also to increase the region size to 64 x 64 megatiles.(special upgrade on request only) :-wave agtim

Thank you very much, Agtim!I followed your directions and everything loaded and worked fine! You said:>Total size is more than 16GB with the northern maps.>They have the same location than the update zip>Move the content to the /maps folder.My problem is that I can't get them to download?When I click on the Map Links:Northern Maps: UKS_BG 153,583 KbUKS_BH 150,205 Kb UKS_BI 141,492 KbAll I get is a dead link. There is no download. Do I need some sort of password? How can I get them?Also you said:>you will need a new version of Level57maker to see it and >also to increase the region size to 64 x 64 megatiles.>(special upgrade on request only)How do I obtain this? Where does the request go?Also, do I need to download any of the megatiles? Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to your reply and completing the installation with the new terrain mesh working.Take care, Steve

UK_2006 UpdateBacked up my FU3UKS (all extra maps and the latest geotiles.tag - 100% stable over the last 6-9 months) and followed the install instructions.Good news and bad news.Yes, it loaded ran, and the scenery is great. BUT frequent and random CTD's.So turned distant mountains off - no better.Tried my old flt3.cfg file - no better.Remembered somewhere someone saying you needed one airport in regionsseattle for FU to run ok, so restored sea - no better.The AI seems to have problems - this is one of several I saw when I did get things runningNo pic - it would not post. It showed a mustang embedded in the fuselage of an airliner.Most of the ctd's were occuring during AI loading, so turned AI down to minimum. Slightly better, but still many ctd's.Symptoms are the main program will load, but after I choose a plane and site it ctd's on loading. However, not always. Sometimes it will load ok and I can change location 2 or 3 times, then crash on the next change.So had a serious look at all the files in the update to see what has changed and tried restoring some to the originals (not the bins and mips, I left them alone).1 removed resreg.res from rootengpile (left it in UK_Southengpile) - no change.2 restored old models.res to engpile - no change.3 restored old tertsnds.res to genpile - no change.Couldn't see any other likely candidates.Any ideas, anyone?Ches

Hi Steve,There is no problems with the links, it must be your browser. I am using Firefox 1.0.6 and all links are working.Send an email to me and then I send you the new Level57maker.You will find my address on my fu3 terrain workshop page and read the anti spam advice also ! :-wave agtim

Hi Ches,how large is your UKS set ?Go back to your backed up situation.check if it's still stablethenmodify just the geos part -> the geotiles.tagcheck againreplace models, gen, airportscheck againreplace packages...good luck :-wave agtim

Guest simonjamesturner

Opps, I've lost the original UKS since installing in 2005. Anyone able to help so I can upgrade without using my current mucked around install.ThanksSimon

Thank you Agtim...I checked again and UKS_BI and UKS_BH will open. IT is only UKS_BG that is "locked." I assumed they were all "locked" since UKS_BG was. The URL that appears in the address bar when I click on UKS_BG is http://lundbykrat.com/UKS/Megatiles/UKS_BG.zip But the message is:Page Not Found The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons: You are the owner of this web site and you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information. The URL that you have entered in your browser is incorrect. Please re-enter the URL and try again. The Link that you clicked on incorrectly points to this page. Please contact the owner of this web site to inform them of this situation. I use MS Explorer Version 6. I even turned the security and privacy levels down to minimum just to see if it required some kind of cookie. Any Ideas?Also, what web address do I go to get to your FU-3 workshop site?Thank you much,Steve