Sign in to follow this  
Guest Duke_Sc

finding airports

Guest Duke_Sc

Hi,After a long lay off I've returned to FU3. I've downloaded a few packages of airstrips and was wondering if someone can tell me how I find them to fly from? I had thought that they would show up on the map, but I've only got the default ones showing. Anyone help me track my add on ones. I've put in Oswald field (an old favourite) but can't find it anywhere.Cheers,Duke

Guest R_Driscoll

The package would need to be unzipped into the flight3 directory called PACKAGES. Check that you've done this by going into flight3packages and looking for the name. Its possible when unzipping with paths to add an extra directory layer or two, and this might have happened. So if you add a package, check that its name shows correctly in the packages directory.

Guest Duke_Sc

Hi,Yep did that and they are all there. I downloaded the package.zip file from the list on the sticky post on the forum. The strange thing I noticed is that most of them when you look inside the directories (like '..innerseattleairport') have no files in there! Just *.obj and *.mod files in the other directories. Like I said I'm really keen to have Allan's Oswald field as I remember it was a really active wee airport with cars going about and planes doing touch n go's, as well as a host of sound effects. If I could even get that up and running for now I'd be happy. Hope someone can help.Cheers

Guest R_Driscoll

Yes, Oswald Field was one of the most detailed and largest packages ever developed for FU3 (before the current UKS packages!) and was of the highest standard. Have you flown over the area (southeast of McChord I think it was) and checked for scenery? From what you have said it should be working. I don't know about the empty airport subdirectory - that would only have files in if he had defined an airport there. I will try to check tonight - I've got a copy of Oswald Field on disk.Robert.

Guest Allan_D

Hi Guys.I also have a full copy of Oswald field (somewhere) with the airport ID included.I have a slow connect speed here, but if you can't get this running any other way send me a private message with your mail address in it.I'll try to find it and send it to you.Have Fun :-vuurAllan BFU Job Manager and Co-Moderatorand PuppyBush Flying Unlimitedhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif