Sign in to follow this  
Guest TomOOO

Saving flight in FU3

Guest TomOOO

HiPlease can someone tell me how to save a mission flight. Iwould like to "skip" the 30 minute flight before practicingthe main part of the mission, so would like to save the missionat some point.Hope this has not been asked too many times.Many thanksTom

Guest fu3

Tom,Do you mean that you wish to save part-way through a challenge? Or just save a point in space to return to next time? Sorry, I don't use challenges much (Steffen?) - I get enough challenges trying to build planes and stuff around with scenery and terrain! I'm certain that a person more knowledgable with challenges may be able to help. Bear in mind that some challenges deliberately reset on a crash or exit, whilst some others allow you to start where you left off. Again, my knowledge of challenges only relates to trying to create specific 'fudges' like extra sounds and making models explode when you hit them(!).You can use the "Zoar" method (CTRL Z) to jump from one place (i.e. the airport) to another place (i.e. where you want to fly). Just use your joystick to move around.There are also 'points of interest' that you can nominate and return to later. These are kind of like airports, except that YOU nominate where they are. They're normally used to find intersting landmarks, but us developy-folk use them to find stuff we've done away from airports.Can someone please help Tom?:-waveRegards,Jon Point

Guest Steffen

Hi Tom,if Jon and I understand you correctly: Yes, indeed it is possible to save and re-use everything. But that requires re-programming the script of the challenge, because you'll have to:1. Re-Assign the "ESC" key creating your own display output.2. Save current position of plane3. Save current orientation in space of plane4. Save current speed of plane5. Save the information that the plane has been flying and that you have saved something.Then:Read everything on challenge startup from disk again.Programming these steps works. You could use part of my "Glider Realism Challenge" (in the library: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=16054) and search/re-design the following lines in the script:--------------------------//This is the new escape key sequence in order to exit the challenge If exit is equal to false If keyPressed = ESC set exit to true display "nnnnn*************************************************************************************n*** Press 'y' to exit and re-use your current position next time. ***n*** Press 'q' to exit without re-using your current position. ***n*************************************************************************************" End If Else If keyPressed = y //Save all the stuff and exit set pos to position of plane set zwischenwert to yaw of plane set zwischenwert to zwischenwert * 104357 set zwischenwert to zwischenwert / 10 If alreadyup is equal to false //If plane is on the ground: saved=1 and speed=0 set saved to 1 set speed to 0 Else //If plane is flying: saved=2 and speed=velocity of plane set saved to 2 set speed to velocity of plane End If write pos to file "position.txt" write zwischenwert to file "orientation.txt" write speed to file "velocity.txt" write saved to file "saved.txt" command func Exit_Screen keydown y End If If keyPressed = q //Save nothing and exit set saved to 0 write saved to file "saved.txt" command func Exit_Screen keydown y End If //Another key was pressed - don't exit set exit to false End If--------------Hope this helps,Blue Skies, Steffen

Guest fu3

Hiya, Steffen! Long time, no hear ;)Tom,Simple, you see? "set zwischenwert to zwischenwert / 10"!Getting FU3 to do new things (or old things that we don't know about...) is half the fun. Now, when I work out what a 'zwischenwert' is...Ah! It means (I think..) an intermediate value (i.e. not min/max). Now, why you'd want to multiply the yaw by 104357 then divide by 10 is something only Steffen could explain, but then he's done a of work with challenges over the years.Ya learn something new here every day :-waveRegards,Jon Point

Guest TomOOO

Thanks Steffeni will take a look at the challange script.RegardsTom

Guest Steffen

Hi down there,I was (and am) still here - work keeps me busy, though - therefore I was only reading the forum.Two explanations: :-)"Zwischenwert" is a temporary value - I had to come up with a name for that variable that is only used for single steps in longer calculations.And those longer calculations are necessary, as the FU3 scripting language seems not to be able to calculate with values of Real variables. So you can't calculate with numbers like 14.26 / 2 gives 0.0000.The workaround is: Go big. If I want the above result of 7.13 (14.26/2), then I'll have to "multiply the digits after the decimal point away": Take the value of 14.26, multiply with 100, divide with 2 and then check for 713 as value (if you divide through 100 again, you'll inly get 7 as result).Blue Skies,Steffen

Guest fu3

Steffen,Yes, my work has had me travelling a bit recently - and for 2 more days - then back home.I see what you mean about the multiply/divide thing. I remember playing with your DC3 realism challenge to try and add extra sounds to the S340 and I remember that you couldn't set the duration of the samples very well because it worked in multiples of 1 second. Not enough zwischenwerts...I had another thought with that - is there a way that we can alter sound levels in a script? Specifically engine sound? I'd like to link engine sound level to throttle setting. Maybe I'm dreaming, but I've decided to resurrect the S340 and apart from the cockpit, it's the only thing needing fixing. I have found that if I do it manually (with one hand while I fly with the other...), the effect is very good. Well, not as good as 2 samples, but better ;)Some brightspark will probably tell me that I can do it with joykeys.txt :-rollRegards,Jon Point

Guest Steffen

Hi Jon,the answer to your question is yes and no. You can call/modify option settings in the script. If you know, what the joykeys.txt or command prompt for changing the volume is, I can give you the matching script routine for that.Unfortunately, I found many joykes.txt and command line prompts - but no one to change the volume output. I only did a rough search, though, maybe you know better (then everything becomes easy).Blue Skies,Steffen

Guest fu3

Hmmmm,There is:opt_engine_volumeI wonder if I can try it as:set_engine_volume???I might try that if I get some time tonight. I have an early start tomorrow with a 250km drive to work.That's not so bad, it's the 300km+ drive home I'm annoyed about! And no, I can't fly there :-(Regards,Jon Point