Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Robs

FU3 can't see my USB joystick

Hi AllHaven't been in here for a while. Glad to see a few familiar faces...Anyway I have just upgrade my control set from an old serial thrustmaster to new USB x52 saitek and FU3 can't see it...I can reprogram the joystick to emulate key presses but I'd rather not unless I have to....Has anyone been here before? Any clues/suggestions/advice very welcome...Robs.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi all,I have a Saitek X52 Joystick Throttle and Rudder pedals.It took me ages to figure out the correct settingsI post them here to save others the hassle.If it isn't right for you then you'll have to experiment like me until you get it right!This text goes in your flt3.cfg file (edit with notepad); joystick setupjoy_device 2throttle_device 2 3rudder_device 1 6toe_brakes_device 1 1 2 The rudder on the X52 is on axis 6. The reason for this seems to be that the Joystick and throttle are joy 2 and have many axes and the twist axis (used for rudder if you don't have pedals) on the joystick is axis 6. So I figured it must also be axis 6 on the rudder pedals (joy 1) and it works. This sorts out all of your primary controls on the X52.I haven't flown FU3 for ages because I couldn't get this to work!I hope this allows other users to fly.Robs.