Sign in to follow this  
Guest jamjam246

making planes

Guest jamjam246

ive downloaded this zip file from someones forum post fu3cmds.zip and i doesnt tell you how to use it could someone please tell me how to use it and do i need any other tools ive got resviewer and cockpit designer

Guest fu3

Making planes for FU3, huh?There are a number of ways of going about this. Have you ever created planes for any other sim before, or 3D models?If not, you'll need to learn some 3D. If you have a model and simply wish to use it, you'll still need to modify the 3D model for FU3, so the textures, axles, flaps, prop etc work OK.The best place to start is for me to ask what motivates you. For example, do you have a particular aircraft in mind, or do you just want to start off easy? We can then advise you of what to do first ;-)There are some potential issues if you want to do something different and it's always better to start with an existing aircraft in mind. You can then add the new 3D model and textures, sounds and cockpit as you go. Nobody creates them from the ground-up, as we don't have access to all the tools and scripts that LGS used.Here's an old thread on the subject about selecting what to do. As you can see, a lot of these never got done. I can only do 1 per year or so 'coz I'm too busy these days :-rollhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...=7138&mode=fullRegards,Jon Point

Guest jamjam246

ive never created any 3d models of anything but if you count making 3d models in google sketch up then ive used that before i made a house and an airport lol:P:P:P but no ive never used any 3d programs to make planes for any flight sim games and im just new to fu3 ive not played any other flgiht sim games before and i would just like to make something from a new beechjet to a new 747 or something like that cos i dont really like the little aircrafts in fu3 cos not all of them have auto pilot so that it keeps the plane level its just that the tools i downloaded i would doble click on them and up comes command prompt thing and then disappear again and nothing happens so is there any websites that gives u free tool(s) to make planes for fu3 and do u have to have the plane file in the folder in which the tools are in

Guest fu3

Jamjam,Firstly, ALL planes in FU3 have autopilot...Just hit 'a' to engage it. Want auto-altitude? Hit .Want heading? Hit .Want auto-climb or descent rate? Hit There are others :-roll Here's the standard list:Default Joykey Bindingsx_up Zoom_Out_Donez_up Zoom_In_Donebs Toggle_Auto_Trimtab Activate_Radioenter Repeat_Messageesc Exit_Screenspace Communicate" Toggle_Navigation_Lights' Toggle_Beacon, Left_Rudder. Right_Rudder/ Center_Rudder; Toggle_Anti_Collision_Lights< Rudder_Trim_Left> Rudder_Trim_Right? Rudder_Trim_CenterB Prop_BrakeC Source_Next_CommE Select_EngineF Flaps_UpI Source_SelfL Toggle_Pulse_LightsO Source_Next_Ground_ObjectP Source_Next_PlaneX Increase_Field_Of_ViewZ Decrease_Field_Of_View[ Elevator_Trim_Up Elevator_Trim_Center] Elevator_Trim` Toggle_AntiIcea Autopilot_OnOffb Toggle_Parking_Brakesc Target_Next_Commd Increment_Time_Of_Daye Start_Enginef Flapsg Toggle_Landing_Gearh Toggle_Carb_Heati Target_Selfj Panel_Main_Backlightingk Toggle_Taxi_Lightsl Toggle_Landing_Lightsm Inflight_Mapo Target_Next_Ground_Objectp Target_Next_Planeq PCLr Toggle_Comm_Radios Increment_Time_Of_Yearu Toggle_Right_Landing_Lightw Wax_Moonx Zoom_Outy Toggle_Left_Landing_Lightctrl_D Dump_Crashboxctrl_M Toggle_Modelsctrl_R Toggle_Blackbox_Recordctrl_d Decrement_Time_Of_Dayctrl_e Shutdown_Enginectrl_f Toggle_Frame_Ratectrl_l Toggle_Labelsctrl_p Toggle_Blackbox_Pausectrl_p Pausectrl_s Blackbox_Save_Editctrl_s Decrement_Time_Of_Yearctrl_v Debug_Voice_Logctrl_w Wane_Moonctrl_z Toggle_Zoar_Modealt_enter Full_Screenalt_M Add_Auto_Markeralt_a Autopilot_HoldAltitudealt_d Toggle_PropDomealt_f Auto_Tune_Radioalt_g Maydayalt_h Autopilot_HoldHeadingalt_m Autopilot_ToggleApralt_n Autopilot_ToggleNavalt_o Optionsalt_r Change_Resolutionalt_s Autopilot_HoldAirspeedalt_t Reload_Voice_Timingsalt_v Autopilot_HoldVerticalSpeedalt_w Autopilot_LevelWingsalt_x Quit_Gamealt_y Toggle_YawDamperctrl_alt_A Add_Hoopctrl_alt_G Toggle_Grid_Texturesctrl_alt_H Toggle_Hoop_Statsctrl_alt_T Cycle_Forced_Grid_Texturesctrl_alt_g Start_Grid_Testctrl_alt_p Print_Screenctrl_alt_q QA_Print_Screenkp_8_up Look_Up_Donekp_4_up Look_Left_Donekp_6_up Look_Right_Donekp_2_up Look_Donekp_0_up Left_Brake_Offkp_del_up Right_Brake_Offf1 Camera_Forwardf2 Camera_VFR_Cockpitf3 Camera_IFR_Cockpitf4 Camera_Virtual_Cockpitf5 Camera_Externalf6 Camera_Chasef7 Camera_Spinningf8 Camera_Taxif9 Camera_MTVf10 Camera_RCkp_7 Look_Left_45kp_8 Look_Upkp_9 Look_Right_45kp_4 Look_Leftkp_5 Look_Aheadkp_6 Look_Rightkp_1 Look_Left_135kp_2 Look_Downkp_3 Look_Right_135kp_0 Blackbox_Toggle_User_Controls_Camerakp_0 Left_Brake_Onkp_del Right_Brake_Onf11 Camera_Stillf12 Toggle_Tape_Stripctrl_kp_5 Center_Controlsctrl_f12 Cycle_Active_Tapestripalt_f5 Camera_Inverse_Externalalt_f7 Camera_Abovealt_f12 Show_Taxi_Pathkp_enter Target_Next_Internalkp_* Reverse_Thrustkp_+ Throttle_Increasekp_- Throttle_Decreasekp_/ SpeedBrakesctrl_kp_+ Mixture_Increasectrl_kp_- Mixture_Decreasealt_kp_+ Prop_Deployalt_kp_- Prop_Retractup_up Pitch_Offleft_up Left_Roll_Offright_up Right_Roll_Offdown_up Pitch_Up_Offhome Target_Next_Internal2up Blackbox_Play_Forwardup Pitch_Onpageup Miracle_Upleft Blackbox_Frame_Backwardleft Left_Roll_Onright Blackbox_Frame_Forwardright Right_Roll_Ondown Blackbox_Play_Backwarddown Pitch_Up_Onpagedown Miracleshift_kp_+ Prop_Increaseshift_kp_- Prop_Decreaseshift_up Blackbox_Play_Fastershift_down Blackbox_Play_SlowerAs to 'just' doing a Beechjet or 747, they've been done! And it'll take years for one person (Ansgar spent morte than 12 months doing the 747). Small planes are cool because it possible for you to pay ~$100 and go fly one any time. In FU3 you can do it for free ;-) They're alos quicker - I did the Beech17 in about 3 months.The programs you have are command-line scripts for decoding and compiling files but you have to have the correct files first! I'd like to get you into something for FU3 - BEFORE you decide to create a whole aircraft.My first job was a re-texture. If you'd like, pick any one of my planes and I'll send you some hi-res texture bases and you can do it yourself. Once past that, you could have a go at a cockpit etc. As to 3D, I use "Anim8or" which works great for me and it's free (www.anim8or.com). You'll see my GeeBee in the galleries there somewhere. I can show you how to convert model types but I'd recommend to do some static models first - again, we all can help.We're always happy to have another member keen to make something :-waveRegards,Jon Point

Guest fu3

Come now, Chris,Are you implying that all aircraft that fly in the rain are flown by small cats? That's a surprise, but being a VFR pilot myself, I wouldn't know :-lolIn fact, the greatest use I have for the FU3 autopilot is for flight model development. If an aircraft flies weird, you can usually stabilise it with the AP. If not, a control is reversed! With the GeeBee, I had put a wrong number in the flight model that made one wing larger than the other :-eek By using the AP to hold it level, the F5 view plainly showed the offset ailerons, which led me to the fix. BTW, the symptom was uncontrollable barrel rolls after takeoff! Frisky little bugger that R2, but then, I'm a pussy :-lolRegards,Jon Point

Guest R_Driscoll

Hey Chris I object! You might have your method of scenery viewing, but mine is totally different - engage the autopilot, climb out of the cockpit with camera under rightarm, hook legs through undercarriage so I can easily (upsidedown) swivel the camera to the best viewing position, and snap snap. How could you do this without autopilot?