Sign in to follow this  
Guest Apteryx

FU3 on wide screen monitor---s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d

Guest Apteryx

I've just acquired my first LCD monitor, a Dell UltraSharp 24" wide screen. Native res is 1920x1200.I haven't run FU3 in ages and thought I'd try it again (my last attempt a couple years ago resulted in some weird sound problems).This time the sound is fine, but the image is stretched horizontally to fill the wide screen no matter how I set the monitor driver resolution. That is, when I set FU3 to run at 1024x768 and my monitor the same, it fills the screen anyway.Any suggestions?--Carl

Guest esveld

It could be solved if you where able to play in a windowed mode instead of fullscreen. FUIII reports in the readme.wri file that alt_enter is bound to Full_Screen. But that doesn't seem to work.Erik E

Guest CaptRolo

I purchased a samsung 19"wide and had same problem. I cured the problem by buying a samsung 19" standard 1600x1200 flat screen couldn't stand the stretched look. LCD's work best in native screen resolution. Although I could have returned first monitor ,I chose to keep it for my other computer .Now they are happy ,I'm happy ,store is happy ,manufacture is happy FU3 working fine .CaptRolo

Guest fu3

If I use FU3 on the laptop (wide) when I'm travelling, I switch to 1024x768 and get a small screen (12.4") with a black line down each side :-( At least it's not stretched though, although you CAN set 'Use entire screen in all modes' and see it squashed :-erks Glad I hassled for the ATI video :-rollRegards,Jon Point

Guest Apteryx

Thanks guys!I'm feelin' kinda stooopid here--somehow I overlooked one of the display options on my monitor (the on-screen menu of the monitor itself).It turns out that I AM able to display FU3 in 1024x768, or scaled up while maintaining that aspect ratio (with black bars on either side), or (by default) filling the screen (but with distorted aspect).Thanks again for your help!--Carl